Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Irish used car part's database ???

Options
  • 27-10-2008 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

So Ive just spent maybe an hour trying to source a Drivers side front foglight for a 00 primera and gone through several websites/forum post's and all I've found is a similar part for an Infiniti QX4 ( american version of the car) and turns out they dont ship international.
    Next I taught well I better start contacting some scrapyards to see if I can get anything and It got me thinking thought how useful it would be if there was some sort of central resource that one could use instead of contacting individual scrapyards.

The closest thing I could find was http://www.bsparts.com and as far as I can tell they will just try and find the part and then get back to you.

Does anyone else know does such a thing exist as personally I think it would be a great resource and I'm surprised nobody has set something similar up yet.

Of course if there is such a website or somebody has a Drivers side front fogligh could they let me know

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

I'm working on a website that will resolve this issue, but only for used engines & gearboxes. Basically my client will be buying up used engines & transmissions from scrapyards around the country and I'll be managing the online sales end of the operation. You'll be able to browse parts online and pay online. Then the parts you have ordered are dispatched to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

Darragh29 wrote: »
    I'm working on a website that will resolve this issue, but only for used engines & gearboxes. Basically my client will be buying up used engines & transmissions from scrapyards around the country and I'll be managing the online sales end of the operation. You'll be able to browse parts online and pay online. Then the parts you have ordered are dispatched to you.

I wont start working on my Dragon's den pitch just yet then :)
    Sounds good though Darragh, I'm a web developer myself and it's easy for me to see such a website being utilized but it might be more difficult to get the small scrap dealer's using it as the few I know might take some coaxing.
    On the flip side if people took to it in the same was as they have to online car sale's then it could be a big deal.

Best of luck with the Site anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

P R Reilly in Kilbarrack and http://www.team.ie

Autozone in Limerick, Cork, Waterford and Kilkenny. Same Company as P R Reilly

Order the part spurious. I ordered fogs for my 00 Almera before and they were €56+vat for a pair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

I wont start working on my Dragon's den pitch just yet then :)
    Sounds good though Darragh, I'm a web developer myself and it's easy for me to see such a website being utilized but it might be more difficult to get the small scrap dealer's using it as the few I know might take some coaxing.
    On the flip side if people took to it in the same was as they have to online car sale's then it could be a big deal.

Best of luck with the Site anyway

Ya see, this has been thought through and as it happened, you are entirely right. Irish scrapyards aren't a part of this project whatsoever, so we've worked out a solution that involves importing the parts that are required, which allows the same parts to be acquired for substantially less, thereby increasing the profit per unit sold and at the same time providing a modern overnight dispatch service that Irish scrapyards are unable to provide and so the show goes on... The show doesn't stop for those who are still playin' back in 1982! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

http://www.autobiz.ie/

Has a section for parts requests that is supposed to go to all scrapyards.

Never used it myself, but looks like what the OP is after.

Autobiz is a monthly trade publication that lists all cars being broken and by whom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

http://www.partfinder.ie/

I think this is a good site. It has most of the scrap yards around Ireland in it. Just type in the Make, Model and Part etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

try ebay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Advertisement