Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DHL tracking problem.. Common?

Options
  • 27-10-2008 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm just feeling very frustrated right now as I have been unable to track my parcel (coming from UK) on the DHL site..

I ordered some PC parts from OCUK last week and was informed by them that it was collected by DHL on Friday. So that evening I tried out the tracking number on the numerous boxes on DHL's site and it wouldn't work.. 'No result Found'...

In one particular box however (Airway Bill) it did seem to recognize the number and brought up a separate window which displays pretty much nothing... Under each heading (Origin, Destination, Status) it just reads 'no information available'...

So now Monday has gone and still no info appearing...

I did ring the sender (OCUK) today and they reassured me it was sent Friday. They also told me other customers were having the same issue as the company has only just moved to using DHL. Anyway so he assured me that my order should arrive...

And ringing DHL was pretty much useless.. They simply told me that the number doesn't exist and to contact OCUK to have them confirm it was collected..

Is this a common thing with DHL? And do you think I will still receive the parcel despite the tracking number not being valid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Perhaps ask OCUK to track it for you and email a screen shot of the tracking details. I've always found the DHL site hard to use it's certainly not the easiest to use.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I used to work in a "Logistics" dept.
    OCUK (and other stock transporters) might sometimes use a different reference number to an assigned DHL number (which they give to your item when if its transferred to them).
    You have to be sure you have the right OCUK ref' number when talking to DHL, then ask them if they have assigned their own ref' code.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Hendrix89

Biggins wrote: »
    I used to work in a "Logistics" dept.
    OCUK (and other stock transporters) might sometimes use a different reference number to an assigned DHL number (which they give to your item when if its transferred to them).
    You have to be sure you have the right OCUK ref' number when talking to DHL, then ask them if they have assigned their own ref' code.
    Okay I think I know what your saying. Bit confused though.. OCUK never mentioned this. I'll put that to them tomorrow..

The OCUK rep I was onto today basically told me that my order was 'not trackable'.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Hendrix89

Just an update on the situation so others will know..

After talking to DHL again today and getting the same crap (sorry your parcel doesn't exist..) I got back in touch with OCUK and they went ahead and contacted DHL right there and then. The person came back on and told me that DHL had informed them that my parcel is at their Dublin depot and it is not trackable as the tracking number is 'cracked'.. Bit silly if you ask me..

Anyway apparently they are going to deliver it tomorrow. And I damn well hope they mean that because I was expecting it today..

I really don't know how DHL manage to mess up so much. This is actually the 3rd time for me.. Last delivery I had due by DHL (expensive guitar) was destined for the wrong address and would have ended up god knows where if I hadn't rushed all the way up to their depot last minute to get it..

I just really hope my parcel arrives tomorrow...

Advertisement