Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Isurance, rip off or no??

Options
  • 27-10-2008 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

Had a crash last week, some idioto smashed into the side of my car as I was turning the corner. I had the green filter light, and had been stopped as the lights had been red, but he hit me with such force the airbag deployed and the engine cut out (safety aspect of car), luckily nonone was hurt.
    Anywhoo...long story short car was towed, and ten days later Im still waiting for an estimate. After 3 phone calls to find out (all in the one day) whats happening with my car, they ring me back to tell me its in the scrap yard and are waiting for a valuation :mad: I had personal stuff in the car along with a hands free car kit, and Im worried I wont get what I paid for the car, as this has happened before.....

Any one have any advice, ideas or experience of this???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Damn women drivers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Why didn't you take your personal stuff out?
    Why in ten days have you only made 3 calls on one of those days?
    Why didn't you post this in motors?
    Why do i keep asking questions?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Oh, and unless your car is totaled, you won't get what you paid for it, you'll get what it would cost you to repair the damage.............. i think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

O' dear. Your in a bad situation.
    I'd get my backside over to the scrapyard a.s.a.p.

(this thread might be moved by the way to motors or the consumer section)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,445 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Tell them you're a stonecutter.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭carlybabe1

Why didn't you take your personal stuff out?
    I was busy makin sure every one was ok, I was in shock, I had nowhere to put them, but mainly, shouldn't the insurance company have made me aware that they were goin to do this
    Why in ten days have you only made 3 calls on one of those days?
    I said I rang them three times on this day.....of course I rang them previously, how else would I have gotten the rental car etc
    Why didn't you post this in motors?

Didnt know there was one
    Why do i keep asking questions?

Cause ye like annoyin people????:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭carlybabe1

Oh, and unless your car is totaled, you won't get what you paid for it, you'll get what it would cost you to repair the damage.............. i think.

Twas deemed uneconomically viable to repair..this means if it is going to cost over 60% of what was paid for the car then they wont fix it, and Ill get current market value before it was crashed

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

So what's the beef here then? Why does your experience lead you to suggest all motor ins. may be a rip off?

Advertisement