Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

site review

Options
  • 27-10-2008 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hey

Just working on a site for presentations and was wondering if the flash is appropiate plus the design

its in its early stages but the framework should stay generally the same.

www.swordslife.com/mevents/test.asp

once again I'm thankful for your inputs

Thanks
    swordsinfo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Solarpitch

Hey,

yeah seems ok, the flash doesnt take 2 long to load. But I think using a Coda Slider there would be better than using flash. Thats just a personal preference because I'm not a flash fan

http://www.ndoherty.com/demos/coda-slider/1.0/

You could have the 3 links and the info for each in the slider. You can put images, content, videos.. whatever in the slider. I really like this and have used for many sites. Would look slicker and load more quickly. Worth a look at anyway.

Also, I'd make the page width slightly smaller to give it a neater look, but again.. thats just a personal preference. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Loads instantly on broadband but graphics seem low res and fps seems low. I think you could crank up the quality a little without upsetting load times too much? Grey in left col hard to read - lighten bg or darken color. A footer area might be nice? Finally doesn't fit on 1024 width. A few other small things I assume are on the to do list.

The design is good btw - corporate vibe.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭swordsinfo

Cheers went through it with the boss today and have bits and bobs to change but they are happy with the overall look - thanks for the input. Think I may stick with the flash on this one but that codeslider thing is pretty sweet - definately incorporate it in some other sites!

Advertisement