Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Night in Ennis

• 27-10-2008 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Hi, myself and a couple of the girls are thinking of heading to Ennis next Saturday night...... Can anyone give me suggestions of any good bars/clubs and restaurants and is it a good place for a Saturday night out.........???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

only one club open at the moment, kearney's, its just reopened a few weeks ago after massive renovation and i must say its a beautiful place compared to what it was, so i'd recommend there, as for pubs depends what your after, there's loads to pick from, if yer looking for somewhere busy, you have the library oppisite the queens hotel, on lower abbey street, up the road you have several busy bars also along o connel street

my fave restaurant is Season's 52, right over Charlie Stewart's, another busy bar beside a good few others, lower parnell street
    plenty of different places to eat, you get all sorts here in Ennis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

The Town Hall restaurant attached to the Old Ground hotel is a good spot to dine. Plenty of bars up along the main streets afterwards!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Get yourself into Season's 52 for a lovely meal, then down to Charlies for a few drinks, then up Parnell Street, into Sully's, O'Halloran's for a few drinks. Then work your way down Abbey Street, into The Brewery and Knox's. Into the Library. Then you've the choice of late bar in Cruises or The Front Bar or a nightclub, can't go wrong either way cause you'll have enough drink in you at that stage anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Steamer

It also depends on what age you are. I wouldn't really go into any of those places because they are full of young ones :)

The Brewery is the best for all ages. Late bar better than the nightclub.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Steamer wrote: »
    It also depends on what age you are. I wouldn't really go into any of those places because they are full of young ones :)

The Brewery is the best for all ages. Late bar better than the nightclub.
    I'm old, and I'm guessing a group of girls going out on a Saturday night will want a big of music at least :)

Can't say I like the Brewery since they did it up, times change I guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Steamer

Well I am just trying to paint a true picture for whoever is coming down. I am not from Ennis but live here and personally I wouldn't enjoy most of those places unless I was well on it. (I mean Charlies, O'Hallorans and Kearneys, anything over the bridge too).

It depends what you are into are, where you are from, what you are used to etc. I have brought people down and the Brewery is always a place that they enjoy as well as Cruises and the Front Bar. Used to love the library but when the barge room closed the crowd changes and don't really like it there anymore. I know that they wouldn't enjoy the other places. Haven't been in Sullys yet so can't comment :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

BOBBY wrote: »
    only one club open at the moment, kearney's, its just reopened a few weeks ago after massive renovation and i must say its a beautiful place compared to what it was, so i'd recommend there,

eh? Arent the Queens and Sanctuary still open? (OP, they are\were off the same enterance to the courtyard beside Cruise's pub opposite the Library) i was in the Library at the weekend and they sure looked open to me. Not that i could recommend them, havent been in there in about 2 years..but the Sanctuary was for really the 25+ crowd.

Wasnt kearney's renamed The Barge Rooms or is that just the pub downstairs?

As you might guess i'm a bit out of touch with the scene from the auld home town :o

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aviendha

thanks for all the replies - just to clarify the age range will be late 20s- early30s but will go anywhere for a good aul boogie! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I ate in Season 52 a few weeks back and it was excellent. Cheap too. The decor is shocking bad mind you. Looks like a 70's lounge. They aimed for hip but it just turned out naff.

If you like absolutely no room to move, and a DJ who plays nothing but Bon Jovi, Cindi Lauper and Abba, then Charlies will go down a storm. I always want to shoot myself when I end up in there.

I'd just recommend the Library. The decors cool. It's nice and roomy upstairs. Nobody mentioned Tom Steels either. Always nice to drop in for one before you go to Kearneys. I must drop over to Kearneys soon. Haven't seen it since it reopened.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aviendha

Just a final thanks to all the suggestions here... just back tonight after a smashing weekend in Ennis, great town, good buzz there ( we were probably out a little early at 9pm but the craic got going after an hour!) success all round and will definitely be planning another soon. Cheers!:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement