Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ruth Scott Covering 6 to 9 thoughts..

• 27-10-2008 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

This is not a personal attack by all means but haven't we been here before??? I'm looking at this from a marketing point of view.
    Now if I was an advertiser this week on that station I would be asking questions as to why a decision to allow a presenter who has a track record of losing listeners at that hour of the morning "fill in" for a couple of days. Surely there's a more shrude candidate for the slot for 4 days. I mean you wouldn't find Sarah Cox filling in for Moyles. Anyway I'll be channel surfing this week.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I don't think that any radio station's priority is to replace like with like unless it is an easy slot to fill i.e. music only jock, and I think that it is poor show tbh. I don't know how easy it would be to replace like with like though..

Like you said, if I were advertising specifically during that period, I certainly would be seeking some sort of credit note or an extended period of advertising slapped on the back end of my paid for time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

What station so I can permanently delete it from my stereo.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I think it's 2FM.

Just to clarify OP, it's the 6 - 9am slot she's covering?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Yes, Ruth Scott is filling in the 6 to 9am slot (covering for Colm and Jim-Jim) on RTÉ 2fm.

Who would the OP suggest would be better for filling the slot?

It'd more down to who's available (and clearly Ruth made herself available) than finding a doppleganger to cover, I'd imagine. If there were carbon copies or good substitutes for Colm and Jim-Jim out there, then they'd probably have their own gig already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

bbability wrote: »
    Now if I was an advertiser this week on that station I would be asking questions as to why a decision to allow a presenter who has a track record of losing listeners at that hour of the morning .

While I'm not a big Ruth fan, a "track record" is a bit harsh - she was on the gig for 6 months if a day.

I also doubt advertisers really care, notice or have any idea of how Ruth may or may not perform. Advertising houses, possibly, advertisers... less likely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭GSF

Strange isn't it. Usually they would use someone up & comming or the weekend guy. Is there anyone up & coming in 2FM these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

i think she`s fine on her own
    there was no chemistry between her and rick o shea
    anyway anything has to be better than colm and jim jim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I'd prefer to listen to Marty myself. Ruth is not suited to that time slot IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

She spent 20 mins this morning talking about how fit Daniel Craig is, I nearly ripped the radio out of the car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

The Muppet wrote: »
    I'd prefer to listen to Marty myself.

Marty :D:D:D:D Your re-living your youth again young man;) He was good at one thing at his last attempt.... losing listeners by the dozen a day.

BTW I wasn't suggesting that the lads be replaced by carbon copies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Why not get Eamonn Horan and Caroline Morahan back? They did a good job the last time and I would listen to anything ahead of that bogger salivating ad nauseum about whatever 'ride of the week' she's fantasising about this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Marty :D:D:D:D Your re-living your youth again young man;) He was good at one thing at his last attempt.... losing listeners by the dozen a day.

BTW I wasn't suggesting that the lads be replaced by carbon copies.

No doubt Marty appeals to an older audience that Ruth , question is how many teenagers listen to 2fm before 9 am during especially during mid term?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Give it to Podge & Rodge, now that would be worth listening to:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭hi_sir

i think she's brutal full stop no matter what time of the day she's on at.why oh why is she still on the radio im sure theres alot better out there

Will Leahy should be filling in when the boys are on Hols. Drivetime fills breakfast has been the norm for years.Is he still working as a brief during the day on top of the gig at 5? Its not very practical for someone holding down a primetime slot on national airwaves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

.Is he still working as a brief during the day on top of the gig at 5?
    Yes, AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Echelle

Ruth Scott is pretty useless as a a radio presenter, but anything is better than that useless pair of dimwits, Colm and JimJim. Did anyone notice this morning when Gerry Ryan came on the air after the 9 oclock news, he thanked "the lads and (Lindy?)for putting on a great show as usual".The show by the way is still being hosted by Ruth Scott as C and JJ are away. He then got corrected , probably through his earphone and had to backtrack and make some sory of ham fisted attempt to cover his tracks. Pathetic.

Did you see the rate card when Rutt and Rick nearly sank the ship some 3 or 4 years ago? Obviously not when your making a statment like that echelle.

It just annoy's me that the most important show of the day seems to have been filled by sticking a notice up in the canteen to see if anyone was interested in filling in for the week and she's not what I would call head turning as a presenter.
    Why didn't John Clarke do it for the week with the daugher? Might not have been the best show but it sure would have turned some heads.

Stumbled across Derek Flood on Five Fm this morning. Sounded great all the way to Dublin this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

bring back tubridy i say :pac:

Advertisement