Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where exactly is Letterkenny bus station?

Options
  • 27-10-2008 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all,

I'm hoping you can help me out. I need to go to Letterkenny soon (from Dublin), and I'm thinking of taking the bus (I don't know the roads and don't fancy driving up there in the dark. Is it a bad/good drive?)

Anyway, I cannot find out where exactly Letterkenny Bus station is. Can anyone provide an actual street address (don't say it is near the Tescos - I don't know where that is!)

Is the bus station within walking distance of the Letterkenny Court Hotel or Radisson SAS (any comments on either hotel /alternatives would be welcome)

Finally, are either of the hotels near Errigal College? (I will have a trollly suitcase).

many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Its on the road into Tesco's...seriously!

The bus station is at the top of the Port Road beside the Station roundabout

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=54.953643,-7.728732&daddr=Port+Rd,+Letterkenny,+Co.+Donegal,+Ireland&hl=en&geocode=%3BCWtapWPCV63hFbp4RgMdGDqK_w&mra=mi&mrsp=0&sz=16&sll=54.953384,-7.727208&sspn=0.005496,0.013733&ie=UTF8&z=16

Straight forward enough drive from Dublin, have done it many, many times. Will take around 4hrs on the bus though if your not into the whole driving thing.

There will be taxi's at the bus station, should cost 6 euro to the radisson or quality court hotel. I'd advise staying in the radisson, nicer place. Walking distance from everything. The QC is however on the main st. though but just not as nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Pretty much as Farls described.

You could walk to either hotel but its about 10 mins or so to the QC and uphill most of the way or about 15 mins to the Radisson. Taxis ftw.

The express bus actually drives past the Clanree hotel going into Letterkenny (about a mile from Clanree to bus depot.) The bus driver could drop you off right beside it and a taxi into the town centre.

I have no idea where Errigal college is but there is a Mount Errigal hotel and if its anywhere near it then the driver may (I say may as he's not far from the depot at this stage) drop you off close to the Mount Errigal Hotel.

Personally I would drive from Dublin. The road is mostly good apart from a stretch on the Aughnacloy side of Monaghan and then parts of the Lifford to Letterkenny road.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

The Radisson and Quality Court (Dillons) are both about a five minute walk from the station. Errigal College is located up past the hospital and might require a taxi as it's uphill all the way. ;)

smashey wrote: »
    The Radisson and Quality Court (Dillons) are both about a five minute walk from the station.
    I'd love to see you walk either in 5 minutes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Ya can walk to the Radisson in 5 mins no problems! I see women in skirt suits and trainers power doing it in that time! :P

Ah no but seriously, ya can walk it in 5 mins. I've done it. And no I'm not a sister doing it for myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 infinitejest

Hi all,

Many thanks for the detailed info...and maps! Really appreciate it. It's great to actually know where I'm going (and where the Tescos is :D )

I'll probably take the bus - at least I can sleep/relax. I have booked the Radisson and plan to time myself walking to Errigal College (unless it is raining - then it's a taxi for me). If you notice a lady dragging a trollycase uphill on Saturday morning - feel free to beep the horn / offer a lift ;)

Looking forward to visiting!
    Thanks again

Radisson to college is about 1 mile or damn near it and as stated its all uphill so regardless of weather I would recommend a taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

It's near Tesco, isn't it......

:pac::D

muffler wrote: »
    Radisson to college is about 1 mile or damn near it and as stated its all uphill so regardless of weather I would recommend a taxi.

Agreed, unless it was a lovely summers day I would take a taxi up that mountain!!!

As for 5 mins walk to QC or Radisson...yeaa right, its a good 15 mins walk to the QC and similar to the radisson from the bus station! Typical women with no clue of distance or time :p

Farls wrote: »
    As for 5 mins walk to QC or Radisson...yeaa right, its a good 15 mins walk to the QC and similar to the radisson from the bus station! Typical women with no clue of distance or time :p
    Eh, I'm a man. :eek: I just walked from the bus station to Dillons (QC) in 5 minutes.

• Advertisement

Ya must a ran in the rain/sleet/snow at the moment!

Farls wrote: »
    Ya must a ran in the rain/sleet/snow at the moment!
    I was well wrapped up. :p

smashey wrote: »
    I was well wrapped up in the car. :p
    See. I fixed that for you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

There was an item on local radio today about luggage going missing from Express buses from Dublin to Letterkenny and to Bundoran.

There was a suggestion it may have been people just waiting around the station who then pretended to be passengers and helped themselves when the driver pulled the bags out onto the pavement.

muffler wrote: »
    See. I fixed that for you :D
    Quicker walking today. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Ever since someone I know had her luggage stolen from the bus at the Naven stop, I've conspicuously personalised my luggage; I use artistically-placed bits of dayglo tape on every side (I feel an opportunist thief with any brain would go for a black bag like all the others). Makes it easier to spot at airports, too!

Fogmatic wrote: »
    Ever since someone I know had her luggage stolen from the bus at the Naven stop, I've conspicuously personalised my luggage; I use artistically-placed bits of dayglo tape on every side (I feel an opportunist thief with any brain would go for a black bag like all the others). Makes it easier to spot at airports, too!
    Good idea.

Advertisement