Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about a pear tree ?

Options
  • 27-10-2008 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Ok i bought a pear conference tree its partly self-fertile 'not sure excatly what that means' will this tree produce fruit on its own or will i have to buy another tree like a beurre hardy to cross pollante it or will another conference do the tirck :confused: very confusing

The thing is i bought a cherry tree i wanted to plant out the back but im holding off planting it as i only have enough room for 2 trees

Sorry more questions but would 2 pear trees increase yeild and quality or would parlty self-fertile be enough

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭MacTheKnife1

luckyfrank wrote: »
    Ok i bought a pear conference tree its partly self-fertile 'not sure excatly what that means' will this tree produce fruit on its own or will i have to buy another tree like a beurre hardy to cross pollante it or will another conference do the tirck :confused: very confusing

The thing is i bought a cherry tree i wanted to plant out the back but im holding off planting it as i only have enough room for 2 trees

Sorry more questions but would 2 pear trees increase yeild and quality or would parlty self-fertile be enough

I suspect self fertile will be fine. I have one such pear tree growing but it is too small to produce fruit yet - I removed the flowers from it in order to get it to concentrate on growing this year. Next year... Mmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

I suspect self fertile will be fine. I have one such pear tree growing but it is too small to produce fruit yet - I removed the flowers from it in order to get it to concentrate on growing this year. Next year... Mmmmmm

I ended up buying a beure hardy aswell just to be sure probably wont get fruit this year myself cant wait for spring to come either way to see what happens

Advertisement