Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA4 - Help?

• 27-10-2008 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

I recently got an Xbox360 and GTA4 after seeing it at a mates place, However after playing GTA4 it seems ridiculously hard and all the maps are blocked off and everything. I am not really interested in the game per say but rather just want to roam and use it as a simulation.

There appears to be no cheat online to either unlock the Liberty City map or give me invisibility or turn the annoying cops off.

I will be on Xbox live soon with it I wonder can I buy a patch to throw the game open??

P.s. I haven't platform (non-pc) gamed since 2000 and I last gamed on a PS1 and SNES!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

theres only one way to unlok the city. . play the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

It defeats the purpose, I paid over €400 for an entertainment machine not to be slaving playing a stupid video game, I quite gaming years ago over this, it is meant to be enjoyable not a chore!

P.s. your response was not helpful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

but cheats will only make it more boring. i dont get this post, you say you bought a 360 and gta4 after seeing how cool it is and yet you hate gaming?

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    but cheats will only make it more boring. i dont get this post, you say you bought a 360 and gta4 after seeing how cool it is and yet you hate gaming?

I love gaming but to me gaming is turning on the machine and being able to do what I want, at my friends house he had the game cleared and I was able to roam, shoot take the helicopter and do as I wish, I hate the way you have to "earn" these things, it completely defeats the purpose, I got Halo3 and a total of 6 games altogether, I hate losing and after spending ages to lose at the end is a total waste, I just wish that after paying such a large sum of money I could just do as I want on it, I am well pee'd off of with it now and am thinking of returning the stupid thing, great graphics great gameplay it is like two steps forward one step back, it is fine to have it difficult but at least leave it openable to us lazy gamers!.

I had Driver2 back in the day and I couldn't win it all but a friend gave some explorer cd that opened it up, do thing still exist today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

mumhaabu wrote: »
    I hate the way you have to "earn" these things, it completely defeats the purpose

Surely cheating your way past these milestones in a game defeats the purpose?

I think you've got the wrong end of the gaming shtick my friend... the point is getting to unlock all of these items through working your way through the story (as in, games are a story-telling form of entertainment sometimes, a-la film)... skipping to the end of a movie is kind of pointless, in the same way that skipping to the end of a game, while has fun bits unlocked, really takes away from the experience, and the joy of using a rocket launcher because you had to do something really difficult to get it, etc.

• Advertisement

Is there any hope or have I just made a very expensive mistake in buying it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Ask your friend for his save file on a memory card and use it on you 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Can you just not copy your mates memory card if it exists for the 360? I played GTA 4 on the 360 when away for the summer on a 100sq ft projector screen, was class although from what I remember the game was saved on internal memory

Can you just not copy your mates memory card if it exists for the 360? I played GTA 4 on the 360 when away for the summer on a 100sq ft projector screen, was class although from what I remember the game was saved on internal memory

How do I do this? I have a 60gb Harddrive in the Xbox, Can I just use an ordianry USB stick or is it propriety? I don't know if he'd give it to me as I rang him asking him why my GTA was "broke" and he said I had to play it, so he thinks I'm a lazy gamer which I am, but I want entertainment not chores!

Is there a site I can download saved games like this either free or pay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

What an ignorant reply. How much more helpful did you want his post to be? Thats the game. Thats the way it is my friend, he told you the only way to unlock the city, so deal with it or somehow copy your friends hard disk. Truly there was no more he could say to help. My god that post annoyed me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

There's cheats for the game, but none of them do what you want (full city unlock, turn off cops, god mode etc.)

BTW, it doesn't seem like you enjoy gaming (you call it a "chore" a few times). Maybe you should try another hobby, like sports, something you can "win" at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

I'll tell ya what ya do mate, Turn off that xbox ,unplug it , tie up all the cables, put it back in the box, and take it back to where you got it from..COS ITS A ****ING GAMING SYSTEM. YOU LAZY CNUT!

There's cheats for the game, but none of them do what you want (full city unlock, turn off cops, god mode etc.)

BTW, it doesn't seem like you enjoy gaming (you call it a "chore" a few times). Maybe you should try another hobby, like sports, something you can "win" at.

Thanks for those robert! (Very handy they are too!!) I since got the Xploder cheat system from Argos and it allows you to download saves that other people have uploaded from the Internet you install the software and update it and then you connect your Xbox Memory Card to it via the USB cable provided and download and copy across the saves and cheats then!

You must first make you have something actually saved onto the Memory card and that it is formatted in the Xbox. It is great as it allows me to visit all parts of the game and repair my health and get unlimited ammo and weapons etc. I quite enjoy gaming and more so now since I got this, I do hate however losing and this way allows me to do what I want with the game as I so wish. I'd recommend the Xploder to anyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

I'll tell ya what ya do mate, Turn off that xbox ,unplug it , tie up all the cables, put it back in the box, and take it back to where you got it from..COS ITS A ****ING GAMING SYSTEM. YOU LAZY CNUT!

Temp ban. Calm down the personal abuse boys...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

I do hate however losing and this way allows me to do what I want with the game as I so wish.

Seriously, what age are you?

If you pull the trigger you will be dead within 5mins in GTA4 without cheats. I may not be too good at gaming but I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Gingerspice99

The only way to get good is to practice - just like everything else!

I have to agree with previous comments in that your posts are very annoying - Can I ask one question?

Why did you buy the system and the game if you don't want to play them properly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I do hate however losing and this way allows me to do what I want with the game as I so wish. I'd recommend the Xploder to anyone!

And i'd recommend actually sitting down and practicing the game so you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you actually finished it on your own merit.

But yeah, gaming obviously isn't for you. Try knitting, or basket weaving...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Calm the head Demanufactured. Mate if you are too lazy, which evidentally you are, get a portable memory device (like the other guys said, unless you don't wanna "waste" any more of your money), ask your mate to save up the game file on it and load it onto your Xbox.

But seriously dude, you should have honestly researched it before buying, therefore it's in some way your own fault. Wikipedia does a pretty understandable & helpful summery of the game (notice the way I didn't say simulation). Listen, you might be pissed off because it isn't what you wanted it to be, but if stop singing that whingy chorus to yourself and approuch the game with an open mind, you will probably enjoy it, and then eventually see the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Stay_in_Kampuchea

Holy ****, This has to be the funniest thread ever. Look at the gem it has given to the world.
    Those 6 Words have made me laugh for about 2 hours straight.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭LaMer

You could just play online in a private free mode game, you can do anything then and turn the cops off etc. etc. But you'd be pretty crazy not to get into GTA 4, unbelievable game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Holy ****, This has to be the funniest thread ever. Look at the gem it has given to the world.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    You alright mate???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:confused:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

And the award for dumbest thread of 2008 goes to...............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

delly wrote: »
    And the award for dumbest thread of 2008 goes to...............

Thats quite a much sought after prize! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 A-I-D-A-N

It defeats the purpose, I paid over €400 for an entertainment machine not to be slaving playing a stupid video game, I quite gaming years ago over this, it is meant to be enjoyable not a chore!

thats really sad:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

this thread makes me want to punch something.

P.S If your dieing under 5 minutes constantly you should give up gaming altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

There aren't any such cheats on the game.

However, despite it's slow start and initally boring taxing roman around missions GTA opens quickly. It's real skill is its story telling though and to just unlock it totally runis the point.

IF you want a gta style game with the full city and everything withing reach get SAINTS ROW 2, it's a lot more fun and it's much easier. It does of course lack the depth and finess of GTA...

Up to you, but I really don't know why you can't be bothered to PLAY the GAME on your new GAMES system that you spent the money on.. I'm actually rather baffled by what you expect it to do....

• Advertisement
Advertisement