Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November 2008 Forecast/Analysis

Options
  • 27-10-2008 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭

Out with the old, in with the new..

November 61-90 mean of the 10 main Met Eireann synoptic stations runs at 7.1°C

1. What will be mean temperature in November? 9.1c
    2. What will be the highest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? 17.9c
    3. What will be the lowest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? -1.2c
    4. What will be the highest temperature recorded at Claremorris between and including the 9th the 12th? 15.4c
    5. What will be the monthly mean temperate deviation at Valentia(°C difference from normal for period 1961-1990) +2.4c

Good luck all, and remember, this is not for fun, this is very, very serious. ;)

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

after October's aberration, i predict a reasonably mild November

1. What will be mean temperature in November? 7.7
    2. What will be the highest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? 15.8c
    3. What will be the lowest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? -2.9c
    4. What will be the highest temperature recorded at Claremorris between and including the 9th the 12th? 11.7c
    5. What will be the monthly mean temperate deviation at Valentia(°C difference from normal for period 1961-1990) 1.2

• Registered Users Posts: 14,517 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

1. What will be mean temperature in November? 6.4 c
    2. What will be the highest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? 15.7 c
    3. What will be the lowest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? -6.8c
    4. What will be the highest temperature recorded at Claremorris between and including the 9th the 12th? 15.2 c
    5. What will be the monthly mean temperate deviation at Valentia(°C difference from normal for period 1961-1990) - 1.1 c

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

1. What will be mean temperature in November? 8 c
    2. What will be the highest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? 14.9 c
    3. What will be the lowest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? -3.3c
    4. What will be the highest temperature recorded at Claremorris between and including the 9th the 12th? 16.4 c
    5. What will be the monthly mean temperate deviation at Valentia(°C difference from normal for period 1961-1990) +1.8 c

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

1. What will be mean temperature in November? 6.8c
    2. What will be the highest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? 14.5 c
    3. What will be the lowest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? -3.0c
    4. What will be the highest temperature recorded at Claremorris between and including the 9th the 12th? 14.4 c
    5. What will be the monthly mean temperate deviation at Valentia(°C difference from normal for period 1961-1990) -0.4 c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Supercell, please ignore my first forecast as it seems a bit ambitious :)

1. What will be mean temperature in November? 8.0c
    2. What will be the highest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? 16.8c
    3. What will be the lowest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? -2.9c
    4. What will be the highest temperature recorded at Claremorris between and including the 9th the 12th? 14.1 c
    5. What will be the monthly mean temperate deviation at Valentia(°C difference from normal for period 1961-1990) +6c

• Advertisement

Supercell, please ignore my first forecast as it seems a bit ambitious :)

1. What will be mean temperature in November? 8.0c
    2. What will be the highest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? 16.8c
    4. What will be the highest temperature recorded at Claremorris between and including the 9th the 12th? 14.1 c
    5. What will be the monthly mean temperate deviation at Valentia(°C difference from normal for period 1961-1990) +6c

it's getting serious now:D

it's getting serious now:D

Yes, with me in I think 11th place, I really stand a good chance of grabbing the title come January. :pac:

Yes, with me in I think 11th place, I really stand a good chance of grabbing the title come January. :pac:

three good months to go along with last months high score and anything is possible- certainly a top five finish is attainable. don't count yourself out just yet paddy1:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

1. What will be mean temperature in November? 7.1 c
    2. What will be the highest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? 12.2 c
    3. What will be the lowest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? -2.2c
    4. What will be the highest temperature recorded at Claremorris between and including the 9th the 12th? 13.4 c
    5. What will be the monthly mean temperate deviation at Valentia(°C difference from normal for period 1961-1990) -0.5 c

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Strasser

1. What will be mean temperature in November? 6.8 c
    2. What will be the highest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? 14.6 c
    3. What will be the lowest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? -4.6c
    4. What will be the highest temperature recorded at Claremorris between and including the 9th the 12th? 10.7 c
    5. What will be the monthly mean temperate deviation at Valentia(°C difference from normal for period 1961-1990) +0.4 c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

1. What will be mean temperature in November? 7.8c
    2. What will be the highest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? 15.5c
    3. What will be the lowest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? -4.5c
    4. What will be the highest temperature recorded at Claremorris between and including the 9th the 12th? 13.8c
    5. What will be the monthly mean temperate deviation at Valentia(°C difference from normal for period 1961-1990) +1.5c

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

1. What will be mean temperature in November? 7.0c
    2. What will be the highest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? 16.6c
    3. What will be the lowest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? -3.9c
    4. What will be the highest temperature recorded at Claremorris between and including the 9th the 12th? 13.7c
    5. What will be the monthly mean temperate deviation at Valentia(°C difference from normal for period 1961-1990) -0.2c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

1. What will be mean temperature in November? 6.6c
    2. What will be the highest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? 13.4c
    3. What will be the lowest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? -6.1c
    4. What will be the highest temperature recorded at Claremorris between and including the 9th the 12th? 12.5c
    5. What will be the monthly mean temperate deviation at Valentia(°C difference from normal for period 1961-1990) -0.8c

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

1. What will be mean temperature in November? 7.2 c
    2. What will be the highest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? 15.5 c
    3. What will be the lowest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? -3.6c
    4. What will be the highest temperature recorded at Claremorris between and including the 9th the 12th? 13.8 c
    5. What will be the monthly mean temperature deviation at Valentia(°C difference from normal for period 1961-1990) + 0.9

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Almost forgot to do this!

1. What will be mean temperature in November? 7.4 c
    2. What will be the highest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? 16.2°C
    3. What will be the lowest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? -3.1°C
    4. What will be the highest temperature recorded at Claremorris between and including the 9th the 12th? 12.9°C
    5. What will be the monthly mean temperature deviation at Valentia (°C difference from normal for period 1961-1990) + 0.4°C

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

On the basis that if your not in, you can't win...

1. What will be mean temperature in November? 8.6c
    2. What will be the highest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? 16.9c
    3. What will be the lowest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? -3.3c
    4. What will be the highest temperature recorded at Claremorris between and including the 9th the 12th? 14.8
    5. What will be the monthly mean temperate deviation at Valentia(°C difference from normal for period 1961-1990) +1.2c

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

1. What will be mean temperature in November? 7.5c
    2. What will be the highest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? 15.4c
    3. What will be the lowest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? -4.7
    4. What will be the highest temperature recorded at Claremorris between and including the 9th the 12th? 14.6c
    5. What will be the monthly mean temperate deviation at Valentia(°C difference from normal for period 1961-1990) +0.8c

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Weather BOFH

1. What will be mean temperature in November?: 7.0C
    2. What will be the highest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations?: 15.3C
    3. What will be the lowest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations?: -4.2C
    4. What will be the highest temperature recorded at Claremorris between and including the 9th the 12th?: 11.8C
    5. What will be the monthly mean temperature deviation at Valentia(°C difference from normal for period 1961-1990): + 0.3C

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭kindredspirit

1. Mean temp. 6.8°C

2. Highest temp. 15.0°C

3. Lowest temp. -3.0°C

4. Claremorris. 13.5°C

5. Deviation at Valentia. -0.4°C

It's a good thing I don't bet on horses. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

1. What will be mean temperature in November? 7.2c
    2. What will be the highest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? 15.4c
    3. What will be the lowest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? -4.8c
    4. What will be the highest temperature recorded at Claremorris between and including the 9th the 12th? 12.8c
    5. What will be the monthly mean temperate deviation at Valentia(°C difference from normal for period 1961-1990) +.2c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

12 minutes late :o
    1. What will be mean temperature in November? 7.8 c
    2. What will be the highest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? 17.1°C
    3. What will be the lowest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? -2.3°C
    4. What will be the highest temperature recorded at Claremorris between and including the 9th the 12th? 13.7°C
    5. What will be the monthly mean temperature deviation at Valentia (°C difference from normal for period 1961-1990) + 0.9°C

trogdor wrote: »
    12 minutes late :o

Not good enough sham, if you are late, then your out of the race!

(Steamboat :pac:)

Supercell, my prediction of +6c deviation at Valentia was meant to be +0.6c, what in the name of God above was I thinking? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Doh!

1. What will be mean temperature in November? 7.6 c
    2. What will be the highest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? 15.9°C
    3. What will be the lowest recorded temperature at the main synoptic stations? -3.8°C
    4. What will be the highest temperature recorded at Claremorris between and including the 9th the 12th? 12.4°C
    5. What will be the monthly mean temperature deviation at Valentia (°C difference from normal for period 1961-1990) + 0.2°C

Not good enough sham, if you are late, then your out of the race!

(Steamboat :pac:)

Supercell, my prediction of +6c deviation at Valentia was meant to be +0.6c, what in the name of God above was I thinking? :o

I often wonder the same thing :pac::pac::D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Brief rundown of how October 2008 worked out weatherwise over the auld sod.

Overall Mean temp chart:

m.jpg

Remained and finished at below normal by 1.1c. A cool month in which the highest figure of 10.5c, which is actually the 61-90 average, was only reached on one day, the 13th.

Mean Max and Min charts for the main Met Eireann Synoptic Stations:

yu.jpg

Individually and overall, both max and min means finished below normal, by as much as 2.0c at some stations.

Rainfall was above average at all stations:

ra-1.jpg

In general it was a wet month in the south and west, while relatively drier over the north eastern half of the country.
    Other station totals:
    Knock: 193mm
    Ballyhaise: 118mm
    Oak Park: 96.6mm
    Johnstown Castle: 175.3mm

Windwise:

w.jpg

Breezier than normal in general througout the month, but final mean finished just slight above normal by 1.2 knots.

Wind Direction:

2.jpg
    Another westerly month..:(
    Mean wind direction for the month as measured at Belmullet, Malin, Casement, Birr and Roaches Point finished just south of West.

Climatological overview of the Jan-Oct period of 2008, with 2007 included as compared to the 61-90 mean period:

c.jpg

Cooling trend which began mid Sept continued throughout October.

Temp Deviation for the period is running at 0.52c above the 61-90 norm, which is lower than the 1.02c D.F.A of 2007 for the same period.

Overall Mean rainfall for 2008 so far totals up to 1074.6 mm, which is 270mm more than the 61-90 expected. So a wet year to be sure.

I wonder how November will affect these figures down the line...

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Excellent summary there Pat DE.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,517 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I'm guessing that the highest temp at Claremorris 9-12th will be whatever it struggles up to on Wednesday, and that won't be much above 10 C.

Second go as all posted data ****ed up again when I pressed "post". If it fails again, I am declaring war and will readily drop 7 nuclear bombs, because I am just in the bloody mood...

Overall Mean: 7.2c Almost average
    Overal Max: 10.0 (bang on average)
    Overall Mean: 4.3c (bang on average almost)

Overall Rain: 45.2c (46% of average)

Pressure: 1008.1 mb which is 3.0 mb below normal, after a very high start to month.

Windspeeds are running at slightly below normal (-0.7 knots).

Average month so far, which equate to boring, normal, voidness, emptiness, nothing happening except cold rain showers that are depressing, cold and entirely devoid of interest except to wreak ones head. :mad:

Christ can't you give us something a bit more interesting, just for a change...

Feckin windy so far this month (as usual for the time of year I suppose) but tis a colder wind than recent years I think, though still at the long term average.
    I'd take an "average" January or February, those used to deliver at least to the higher ground.

I certainly remember looking to the mountains lustily as a lad thinking "if only I lived there"....
    I was talking to one of the gardeners here the other day about winters past here and he said that it wasn't uncommon to have snow lasting a week or more here in the past which is a rarity these days. Indeed, he remembers Annamoe being totally cut off for a couple of weeks at a time in a few occasions with burst pipes and no power!!, I guess that might have been in the eighties..wouldn't mind that again! (I'm buying a little gas cooker and heater if thats forecast).
    So "average" will do me for now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Eric might take some pain away Pat:D

I remember this happening to you before alright. Is this the cause

Advertisement