Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting new people in UCD

Options
  • 27-10-2008 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

Right well, I'm hopefully going to UCD next year if all goes to plan.
    Basically.. I'm wondering do most people just keep meeting up with people they went to school with or what? DO people still stay in those groups?
    This might seem like a stupid Q but tbh, im bloody dying to just meet new people and have a fresh start.

Cheers for any replies

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

some people do, but a lot of people will have very few school chums to pal around with and normally make new groups with people on their courses. that and people in societies or sports you might join up with, or people you live with etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Hooly22

I'll still be living at home.

I really wanted to just go to a different county, and live on campus accomadation and all that. (not that i have anything against UCD!!!!).

I'm getting a bit tired of the typical dublin scene. my school is FULL OF IT

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

i lived at home when in UCD, but you will probably spend a lot of time in other peoples places anyway. people hanging out with old schoolfriends in big gangs is generally considered a bit sad once you get to college, you'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Hooly22

you've helped put my mind at ease a bit.

Appreciate it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Hooly22 wrote: »
    Right well, I'm hopefully going to UCD next year if all goes to plan.
    Basically.. I'm wondering do most people just keep meeting up with people they went to school with or what? DO people still stay in those groups?
    This might seem like a stupid Q but tbh, im bloody dying to just meet new people and have a fresh start.

Cheers for any replies

firstly i will say that it depends on what subjects you do. im doing music, drama and info studies in Arts. i dont really talk to anyone in my drama class (just dont get along), Info Studies is just too big and has too many ppl to make loadsa friends. but of the 90 people in my music class id say im friends with about 50 of them.and thats after only 7 weeks in college.

i came in here knowing few people because i took a year off after my leaving cert. and yeah it took me a while to get to know people and feel comfortable but thats just me.i spent my first 2 weeks sitting alone in lectures. but now i have so many friends out there and its great fun.

you will make friends and you will prob make them faster than i did cause im pretty shy. and if you really want a totally fresh start then you really can get it out there. i mean none of my new friends know about my dark, disturbing past........i think ive said too much :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

and by the way i still love at home.but i normally dont get home until about 9 or 10 each night because i stay out in the bar or on campus with friends

Advertisement