Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old school tats

• 28-10-2008 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Looking to get some old school tats done but can't afford the trip to SF. Was wondering who in Ireland is doing good old school work? Have a full sleeve already but not old school stuff. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=36733376

Classic Ink, Temple bar. I have a mate who get his work done there and he recommends Tommy for old school stuff. They also get some great guest artists in for guest spots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

buzzymcg wrote: »
    Looking to get some old school tats done but can't afford the trip to SF. Was wondering who in Ireland is doing good old school work? Have a full sleeve already but not old school stuff. Thanks in advance

Have you considered a trip to London or Birmingham to get it done? Spear Studios in Birmingham and Blood Brothers on Holloway Road in London, frith street in soho are good too.

In Dublin I'd say go to Art Tattoo in Temple bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Nobody in Dublin does great oldskool some do a decent job but nobody turns out anything all that original I'd agree with Frith St, Blood Brothers etc and add Hope & Glory and Magnum Opus to that list too. It's worth travelling especially with cheap Ryanair flights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭buzzymcg

Yeah thanks for the advice & it looks like London. I know Tommy from when he worked from home like his stuff but looking for something a bit different to his style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

buzzymcg wrote: »
    Yeah thanks for the advice & it looks like London. I know Tommy from when he worked from home like his stuff but looking for something a bit different to his style.

so not old school? Show some examples of what you consider old school. Cause to me Tommy is the cream of the crop in Ireland for OS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭buzzymcg

bombidol wrote: »
    so not old school? Show some examples of what you consider old school. Cause to me Tommy is the cream of the crop in Ireland for OS.
    No I like Tommy's stuff and he has done some nice stuff for some mates of mine [swallows,ships & some nice stuff with a bit of an IRA tint] but he also ****ed up some as well. Might be better now but for the price of a cheap flight to London it's worth the trip

Advertisement