Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activities hobbies galway area.

Options
  • 28-10-2008 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hey, i am wondering is there any place i can find info on activities sports hobbies things to do in galway city i guess clubs or something

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Galway Social Space has a ton of classes and stuff, more coming.
    Better to drop in than go to site, as it is in early stages.
    Middle St, halfway down.

NUIG sometimes have non - student events and stuff on the campus boards.

There are clubs and such, (like drinking, books :)) etc to be found right here on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

moomoo2007 wrote: »
    Hey, i am wondering is there any place i can find info on activities sports hobbies things to do in galway city i guess clubs or something

The Galway City thread in www.boards.ie has a sticky on just this topic

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=280266

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

inisboffin wrote: »
    Galway Social Space has a ton of classes and stuff, more coming.
    Better to drop in than go to site, as it is in early stages.
    Middle St, halfway down.

NUIG sometimes have non - student events and stuff on the campus boards.

There are clubs and such, (like drinking, books :)) etc to be found right here on boards.
    Actually I was wondering what that place is all about ...Have you been ? What kind of events go on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

It's actually a great spot - a real mixed bag though.

There are classes, workshops, film screenings, clubs etc on all week, I think they open 7 days a week until 9.
    Really nice folk in there. You can go in and drink a cuppa in the sitting room area, and I think stuff is by donation. Food not bombs are there one day too I think. I am actually looking at giving a workshop there soon, as it is a great space.

A friend of mine came in recently, she is a bit of an anti-hippie ;P but the place won her over nonetheless, as they had a class on that she loved.
    The film night is supposed to be good, but haven't been.

Advertisement