Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Question on whether to appeal vrt

Options
  • 28-10-2008 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Hi, I had a search round some other threads but not really sure on this...... My brother in law brought in a Seat Leon Tdi from England On the vrt calculator and a few website we looked at indicated that the emissions was 135g/km. This put in into the 16% category but when the sister went to the vro the woman first put it down as the 135 but changed it to 141 so it was in the 20% bracket This meant the vrt was €500 dearer Is this worth appealing?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

I have a similar appeal at the moment as the VR5 and the revenue site gave a different CO2 figure.

I have not heard yet and I appealed it last August.

You should give it a go as you have nothing to loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

I'd agree with the above they can only say No ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think the Co2 rating is listed on the car's UK V5 documentation from at least 2001 onwards to my knowledge. Afaik as part of the appeal process the VRO will look for evidence like this to prove their figure wrong.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Yes the figure is in the V5, if the figure here matches then there's not alot you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Scottie99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I am in a similar position:
    • My V5 says 158
    • The ros.ie site has 3 different levels, 151, 156, 161 for the same car (Notice no 158)
    • vcacarfueldata.org.uk says 151

I will be paying the VRT this Friday, but are they just going to take the V5 at face value or will they even listen to their own website/vcacarfueldata??

Anyone have any experience of this?

S.

Advertisement