Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamweaver 8 Help..?

Options
  • 28-10-2008 2:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi,

Thanks for looking. I would like to create a value based on the results of three drop-down menus.
    I am desperate to get this finished, and would be extremely grateful if someone could construct it for me. There are three drop-down menus, the results of these menus determine the text to be displayed. I have attached an outline of the menu names, options, criteria and relevant results below; along with my desired layout of the overall table.

I don’t have any spare time to learn how to perform such tasks and would really appreciate if anyone could help me.

att: Please see attachment (inc. code)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Are you serious? You don't have the time, but are hoping that someone else will wade through all that for you?

If you say what exactly the problem is, you might get some help, but I think asking people to do this in its entirety for you is a bit much.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I agree with Eoin, also is this for a college/school project or for a website you are working on, cos if its the latter then that is what you are getting paid to do so you should make the time. If its the former then you shouldnt be coming on here getting people to do your project or parts of it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 FastFonz

eoin_s wrote: »
    Are you serious? You don't have the time, but are hoping that someone else will wade through all that for you?

If you say what exactly the problem is, you might get some help, but I think asking people to do this in its entirety for you is a bit much.

Maybe i was unclear. I meant i dont have the time to learn how to write the code or learn the theory behind a list/menu.

I have attached a file which shows exactly what i need (menus, options, criteria, results, layout etc) and have included the dreamweaver code which cuts out all the layout, menu input etc. All the menus are in place, i just need someone to make it work with the provided criteria.

Im not trying to delegate this entire task to someone, i have kindly asked for help and have completed every step i can in the process, provided code to show this and shown exactly what i need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

No problem. 600 euro/day or part thereof. Will PM a contract.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

kthxbye

ibtl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

FastFonz wrote: »
    Maybe i was unclear. I meant i dont have the time to learn how to write the code or learn the theory behind a list/menu.

Without being lousy, there's a lot of truth in the above comments, OP.

Is this for a project ? Then you'll need to learn how to do it. It can be done using JavaScript.

If it's for a paid job/contract, then you should know how to do it.

Dreamweaver can do lots of things, but it won't do this; it's an hour or two's completely custom coding, which (depending on where you go looking) could cost between €50 and €150 for a professional to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Yeah, I got that. I think you'll get a better response if you are willing to learn the skills that you are asking people to do free for you.

I think your best option is somewhere like http://www.scriptlance.com where you will probably find someone who can do this on the cheap for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

There is an excellent video tutorial on ASP.NET that shows you how to do this and you can also download the solution and play around with it...

http://www.asp.net/ajax/ajaxcontroltoolkit/

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Dreamweaver can do lots of things, but it won't do this; it's an hour or two's completely custom coding, which (depending on where you go looking) could cost between €50 and €150 for a professional to do.

I have clearly underestimated the labor involved. I was under the impression it required a routine code input. I wouldn't ask anyone to volunteer hours of their time.

As for the nature of this request, I have neither been paid to do this nor has it any academic source. This is a small part of the jigsaw i need to assemble for a business venture.

I have clearly underestimated the labor involved. I was under the impression it required a routine code input. I wouldn't ask anyone to volunteer hours of their time.

It's basically "if A & B then C else if D and not E", which in small sections is relatively easy, but when they're combined it gets significantly more complex; it might take half an hour to get your head around it, then half an hour to code it and then half an hour to ensure every option is tested and then upload it.

Not massive by any stretch of the imagination, but the "rules" (A & B, etc) and the results are specific to what you want and therefore there's no "one size fits all" code that will do the job for you.

You'd be doing well to get it done for €50.

I now have the job posted on Scriptlance.

I wouldn't have dreamed of posting this thread if i knew there was more than 2mins work involved.

Apologies and thanks to all that have helped.

Phil

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

I now have the job posted on Scriptlance.

I wouldn't have dreamed of posting this thread if i knew there was more than 2mins work involved.

Apologies and thanks to all that have helped.

Phil

There's no such thing as a 2 minute job!

Darragh29 wrote: »
    There's no such thing as a 2 minute job!

How do you work that out? Sorry if i upset the closure on this thread:rolleyes:

How do you work that out? Sorry if i upset the closure on this thread:rolleyes:

He has a point, FastFonz - even downloading the ZIP file and reading it takes more than 2 mins.....

Advertisement