Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€40 unlimited txt & calls to o2/vodafone?

• 28-10-2008 2:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭

currently i have a vodafone pay as you go & spend about €40ish pm, am looking at better options & it occured to me - both vodafone & o2 do unlimited calls & txts to their own networks for €20 pm. o2 is billpay & vodafone's pay as you go.

what i thought was - i could get a dual sim phone, stick an o2 & vodafone sim in... 90% of my calls & txts each month are to 086/087... the 20 vodafine credit could cover any national calls or data.

would this work? i know i would have two numbers but i could retain my current 087 for receiving calls so no change there & use the 086 sim for calling 086 numbers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

just get all your mates to change to vodafone lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

that is so much effort, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

is it? id rather not be fleeced by the mobile operators in this country and it doesnt seem like all that much hassle to set up & do imho, if it was to work. im already with vodafone payg, so its just a case of subscribing to the o2 one & picking up the dual sim phone.

just wondering if theres anything im missing - like, if someone was with vodafone & they switched to o2 but kept their 087 number. presumably they would come under the o2 network now but you wouldnt know just by their prefix...

do you send more than 5,000 texts a month?
    how many minutes would you spend?

metalfest wrote: »
    do you send more than 5,000 texts a month?
    how many minutes would you spend?

5000? no. why do you pick that number?

minutes-wise, i guess it would go to 1000+ as i would be looking to get rid of the landline here.

• Advertisement

well, if you switched to meteor .....
    free talk and text to any network
    but they have a fair usage policy whereby basically, you have 5000 units,
    a unit is a minute on a phonecall to a mobile, and a unit is a text to a mobile..

unless im blind that offer is 5000 txts to any network OR unlimited calls/txts to meteor customers. not really what im after

oh yeah, sorry
    and nothing in that offer is unlimited.
    5000 free texts to any network for 20e,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement