Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do?.chipdumper

Options
  • 28-10-2008 4:54am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭

I put a post up about 2 weeks ago in the bbv thread, saying that my account had been locked by pokerstars for chip dumping. What i never took into account at the time was, i received an email few days prev from an online poker player that i know from the tribeca days, he was a well known 2/4 player. In the email to my surprise he asked how i was getting on in my travels etc and that he won 8k and that my half 4k would be sent to me once i get my bank account sorted out over here.:confused::eek::confused: < that was my initial reaction. Was totally clueless as to what he was on about. Now 2/3 weeks since that day i get him on msn, and i tell him that my ps acc is closed etc. And drops this little bomb on me that i had given him my username and pass and let him spin up a few hundred. He spun it to 8k, and chip dumped the whole 8k to another account, like why couldnt he just of dumped 4k and left me with the other 4k?. I dont remember giving him permission to use my acc. unless i was totally hammered. Now he saying to tell ps i chipdumped that i know him etc so they will release the funds and that he can then send me my cut. wtf like. i want my account reopened but i dont want him getting 8k which he won off my account which i may never see a penny of.

Any advise?..

gav.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

First of all, i would be very suspicious of his claim that you let him use the account. If you legitimately don't remember, try and check your msn logs for the date in question. If you find out that you did, then fair enough you can believe his story. Otherwise I would assume that he got into your account without your knowledge.

If he did use your account without your knowledge (you could also ask him for proof if you cant find any), then you have done nothing wrong. You didn't break the rules regarding chip dumping, and in fact you have been the victim of fraud. Your best bet in this case is probably telling poker-stars exactly what happened. I don't know what their policy is regarding money won by people playing on your account frauduantly. Maybe they let you keep the money, but at worst I would think they will re-open your account with the money that was originally in it.

If what he is saying is true, then you are in a much more difficult situation. Both of you deliberately broke poker-stars rules (One person to an account, and chip dumping). I dont know what pokerstars will do if you tell them, but I doubt it involves you getting 4k.

All this is as far as I'm aware

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Why do people chip dum on sites like stars when they allow you to do a person to person transfer?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

You cant transfer then withdraw, whereas chip dump you can. This guy obviously wasnt very good at going about it. Im not sure if its worth going along with this guy, surely they will give whoever he won money off and refund them and closing both our accounts?. Is it zero tolerance on a first offence?. I cannot access any msg history. Ill try get msg history off him before i consider anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

a-k-47 wrote: »
    You cant transfer then withdraw, whereas chip dump you can. This guy obviously wasnt very good at going about it. Im not sure if its worth going along with this guy, surely they will give whoever he won money off and refund them and closing both our accounts?. Is it zero tolerance on a first offence?. I cannot access any msg history. Ill try get msg history off him before i consider anything.

Still dont get why he chipdumped or why you should get 4k. Obviously Stars frown on withdrawing immediately after a transfer - i remember sending $ to a guy who tried to withdraw immediately and was politely asked to play a bit or send it back to original sender. Easy way to circumvent it is to sit into any game and play some hands. Once you've played with the $ there's nothing to stop you withdrawing it.

The whole story looks a bit shady - i dont really see an outcome that would mean you get to keep 4k. On what grounds should you be allowed keep 4k? And not 3k or 8k? If there was $250 on your account and the guy played on it without your knowledge and lost, you'd want $250 back right? But if he wins you want a slice of the profit?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

tell stars that you won the money yourself and then one of your "so-called" mates tried to rob all your hard-earned $$

your entire story sounds way dodgey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

bops wrote: »
    tell stars that you won the money yourself and then one of your "so-called" mates tried to rob all your hard-earned $$

your entire story sounds way dodgey

This seems like the best way to sort this out imo, probably the most believable as well, and the one which is the most likely to let you keep your account opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

TommyGunne wrote: »
    This seems like the best way to sort this out imo, probably the most believable as well, and the one which is the most likely to let you keep your account opened.

No. They can just ip check it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

No. They can just ip check it.

Good point. He lives with you????

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

Think you need to figure out how likely his story is.

How often do you get hammered drunk to the point you can't remember anything and have you ever given your log in/password details for a poker site to anyone before.

If the answers to this are nearly never and no then without proof from the other player, I would contact stars and say somebody has hacked into your A/c, best case you will get your A/c re-opened and not get $4k. As mentioned, stars should be able to check the ip address from when the 8K was won and prove it was fraud and you are innocent

If the answers are loads of times and yes, then think you are in a sticky situation and you may have to come clean with stars and take whatever punishment they give out. I'd also suggest that you cut back on the amount of alcohol you drink!

No he doesnt live with me, hes in canada atm, from the uk though. The guy in question is tymuppet (tribeca) f anyone know him personally will you pm me, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

Not to rub salt into it but as Bops says this whole story is seriously dodgy.

The tone of the OP reads like your priority is not reopening the a/c but getting some of the $ won from the spinup. I'd say there's a roughly 0% chance of that. Just tell support he has nothing to do with you, get the $ back that you started with and your a/c open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

TyMuppet is a little punk, I would say he had zero intention of giving you any money but (assuming this ridiculous story is true) will probably tell you anything to get a shot at some of it. I cannot see any way that will get you the money but I would suggest at least trying to get some guarantee from that kid that he will pay you half if you sort it out, getting in touch with Stars and admitting chip dumping pleading the mitigation of ignorance. Likely your account will be banned but I am unsure what they will do with the funds that were dumped.

One thing for sure if you even begin to try to spin this story to them then they will laugh and pocket the money.

As other have said this whole story is reminiscent of a heroin addict giving excuses to the police or in drug court "Ahh, your honour I missed me parole meeting cause I told a mate I would wait in his gaff for a carpet to arrive, an' it took all day for it to come, an' then a fire broke out in de flat. Sorry your honour *Sniffle*". (actually heard something similar to that in Dublin drug court once)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

Tell tymuppet you'll attempt to get the 8k back and he can keep it all, but he has to give you 2k now (which you keep regardless) or no deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

I think tymuppet was outed on this site as some C-list celeb "pro" player from the UK back in the Tribeca days, I remember because I had claimed it was me. Try a search.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

Hope it works out for you...

I have a friend who recently had 10k frozen for dumping 1600 stupidly to a friend on Mansion... Je has been site banned as has his friend and the 10 k confiscated... after about 3 months they have agreed to give him back the 10 k - the 1600 dumped if he sends in ID etc.... they don't like this chip dumping thing!

As regards tymuppet.... If he had got away with it you would never had heard from him.... I would have no loyalty here... I like ocallagh's suggestion

• Registered Users Posts: 13,402 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

RoundTower wrote: »
    I think tymuppet was outed on this site as some C-list celeb "pro" player from the UK back in the Tribeca days, I remember because I had claimed it was me. Try a search.

tymuppet was Peter 'Action' Jackson (or something like that) on the Prima netowrk i think, but I think the Tribeca person was different.

Vague memory of Gholimoli posting a thread asking how to counteract TYmuppets lag style on Tribeca 1/2, and someelse said they knew him and that he was a 14 year old Irish kid whose Dad was also a player. (would make him barely 17 now).
    Will try to hunt down that thread but search never works for me.

Edit : Link found on boards archive, it was RobinLacey who seemed to know him?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-2054939701.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

I remember reading that tymuppet was some guy and his kid. the father was supposedly pretty good and the kid was just some maniac player who went on huge spinups. I could be totally wrong though.

Btw, wtf are you doing just handing out your stars sn and password to random people? That's beyond retarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

tymuppet (i assume it was his son) once put $200 in preflop of a $500 effective stack with 23s and beat my kings

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

tymuppet once went into the restaurant, and ate everything in the restaurant and they had to close the restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

theres some weird stuff in the OP

just how well do you know tymuppet? Sounds like you must have been in quite close contact with him before, presumably you don't need us to tell you his name, age etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭pppspecial

TYMUPPET is a tate account... connor tates son is using it as far as i know. there have been multiple users on this account. hope this helps.

ppps is right hes conor tates son, i went the ocallagh root but that will unlikely happen. I think i will email ps and tell them what i know, and cardshark i didnt give it to him. hes 17 and was playing on his mothers account.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭NuttKicker

i recognised the name tymuppet cause i had seen it in thread pasted below before i read this one tymuppet is boards member called White Knight http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055409368

different tymuppet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

NuttKicker wrote: »
    i recognised the name tymuppet cause i had seen it in thread pasted below before i read this one tymuppet is boards member called White Knight http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055409368

:pac:
    :D
    :p
    :rolleyes:

well with no guarantee, i mailed poker stars and told the truth for once. Maybe a mistake but fk it

Advertisement