Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fireworks

Options
  • 28-10-2008 5:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭

Seems to be a lot of fireworks being let off this year. Has anyone seen bold people selling these things illegally around Dublin? Where are people buying these loud things? Kids love them at Halloween ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

That's funny, I was only talking to somebody the other day about how few there has been this year! Maybe I just haven't been listening properly! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Jonesboro Sunday market and Newry.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i was just saying this morning, that i have heard only about 2 fireworks this year.

Unlike when i moved in to my house 4 years ago, it was like living in a war zone from September onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Maybe (hopefully) all the usual suspects have blown themselves up already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I've only heard about two fireworks being let off so far this year.

I'm sure that'll change in the coming nights but for now it's quiet out there......

.... almost too quiet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Malteaser! wrote: »
    That's funny, I was only talking to somebody the other day about how few there has been this year! Maybe I just haven't been listening properly! :pac:

Same, It seemed to only kick off a few days ago in my area, hadn't heard any until then.

Been relatively quiet this year.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Heard a fair few going off but not nearly as many as in previous years.

Maybe it's just the area getting slightly older, maybe they're too busy with their hibedy-hop music and crack cocaines to be bothered with fireworks now... I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Heard very few- no longer does Dublin sound like Baghdad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Can get them on Moore St easy enough if you ask one of the fruit women.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

there's less this year because the Chinese made so many for the Olympics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 kelcol

they are awful things and are illegal for a reason so dont know why people are wondering where they can buy them!! Fireworks have a huge effect on my dog I have to sedate her. Now I send her home to the country:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I love Halloween! I visit every vet in the area to get tranquilisers for 'my two St Bernards', who coincidentally weigh exactly the same as me! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

kelcol wrote: »
    they are awful things and are illegal for a reason so dont know why people are wondering where they can buy them!! Fireworks have a huge effect on my dog I have to sedate her. Now I send her home to the country:mad:

Well they're certainly not illegal to stop dogs getting scared.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 kelcol

thank you Sean for stating the obvious. It is very distressing when you have to watch your dog cowering in fear and looking for any wardrobe that she can hide in to get away from the noise. Also how do persons with impaired vision survive over Hallowen, there dogs are probably as equally distraught:mad:

Advertisement