Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA775 matx mobos with PCI-E(2.0)??

Options
  • 28-10-2008 6:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hey there,

Im in the middle of a spot of early morning component hunting.
    I thought I was finalised on a build at last, until it occurred to me that there seems to be a shortage of 775 micro atx mainboards which offer PCI express 2.0. Am I just missing something, or are PCIe 2.0 slots rare on smaller boards? I'm also on a budget, so I would be looking at boards for under 100e.

It seems that you CAN get them, but if you do you have to go the AMD route, which to be honest, I'd rather not. I was intending to use a smaller form factor board, but if I cant get an intel compatible one, I might not.. And I was looking forward to building a seriously pimped cube machine with transparent side panels and all manner of blinging LEDs. Sigh.

For the sake of argument, the cpu I intended to use was a core duo E7300 2.66GHz, 3mb cache, 1066FSB. Any idea how that would compare to an AMD athlon 6000?

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement