Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV charging €0 for last two months

Options
  • 28-10-2008 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

Anyone else noticed anything strange with their UTV billing? Normal get debited around the 22nd of the month but noticed on my online account last night when I was updating my budget spreadsheet there doesn't appear to be any debit for September, nothing showing for October either.

When I check my account statements with UTV Septembers statement shows calls made with cost of calls, however the bill amount is €0.

The summary at the top reads ..'
    Call Charges €0.00
    Advance Subscription Charge €0.00

Clicksilver Plus

Total Charge
    €0.00

Line Rental

Excluding trial customers, we are still in the process of transferring line rental to ourselves. You will receive notification about this at a later date, until such time we recommend you do not cancel any payment arrangements with the company who currently charge for line rental as this may result in loss of service.

No idea what thats about, I've been paying my line rental to them since March? Anyone else seen this? Also normally get the charge for unlimited usage included here, nothing showing anymore.

/Edit just looked up August to do a comparison, the amount was displaying yesterday but now that's reading zero as well. However I was debited for August at the end of August.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Be really careful with this. I have had bad experiences with UTV billing. We received no bills for telephone calls for about 6 months then one huge bill appeared.

There was some kind of a problem where by the company they subcontract their telephony service to didn't send the data regarding my phone account on for a few months. So, UTV didn't bill me.

I contacted Comreg who told me that I was legally responsible to pay the bill. UTV did a deal where by the split the cost over several months.

If you think you ought to be getting bills, at least budget for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

just thought as a makeup for the abysmal speeds since August they had honourably decided not to charge for a non existent service (yeah right :rolleyes:).

I'll give them a call when I can muster the patience for the predicted lengthy wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

What caught me out was the fact that I generally don't look at online bills. You have to log into UTV's site to view your bill so, when I didn't hear anything from them, I just assumed everything was fine. I hadn't really noticed that they had only been taking very small payments from my debit card each month.

Then BANG - they tried to take a huge lump sum which wouldn't go through on my laser card due to lack of funds. Only, then did they decide to ring me up.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Solair wrote: »
    What caught me out was the fact that I generally don't look at online bills. You have to log into UTV's site to view your bill so, when I didn't hear anything from them, I just assumed everything was fine. I hadn't really noticed that they had only been taking very small payments from my debit card each month.

Then BANG - they tried to take a huge lump sum which wouldn't go through on my laser card due to lack of funds. Only, then did they decide to ring me up.

Any reputable company, realising that there had been a problem with billing, which was their fault and which had left customers with a big outstanding amount, would surely realise that they had a responsibility to contact customers and advise them of the problem and discuss the issue with them.
    To 'hit' any account with a large amount 'unannounced' is appalling. This is the major major downside of companies have unfettered and irresponsible access to accounts via dd cc or laser.

Ironically enough much as I continue to criticise it on here the dd scheme in theory appears to offer more 'protection' regarding advance notice than either the cc or laser card.

Imagine being away somewhere and dependent on your laser card for daily cash only to find out that someone like UTV had hit your card for a large amount totally unannounced??

And there is little point in arguing such an amount can be reversed it should not happen in th first place with God knows what consequences for the account holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

Solair wrote: »

I haven't been checking my online billing as frequently as I used to tbh, mainly due to the fact it seemed to be offline for a while around August with the not very helpful message "Due to technical maintenance....will be back shortly ...etc".

• Advertisement
Advertisement