Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phone reception / coverage on the m50

• 28-10-2008 9:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭

while driving northbound just before the firhouse exit i always seem to get cut off or drop the call.
    anyone else have this problem ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

what operator you with?..notoriously difficult area for the operators to cover due to terrain..anwhere between tallaght exit and dundrum exit, both directions, for 02,VF & 3 (only ones i've used) is dodgy..i do that route quiet frequently, generally dont make calls when going between those two exits as will drop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

I've had similar problems and thought it was just my phone, but last week was in the vodafone shop in Dundrum and someone came in and was screaming the place down about her dropped call and how it always happens on the M50. The phone signal thing, annoying, but seeing this woman go crazy, now that was funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

lol wtf is wrong with people these days? it wouldn't have been all that long ago since it was completely impossible to call anyone from inside a car. now they can't even deal with a dropped call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,068 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'm with Metoer and I get calls dropped everytime in the same area - no biggie though, just hit voice dial and say "redial" 10 seconds later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

ok, that explains it
    thanks all
    i'm with vodafone btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

Consider yourself lucky guys. You just drive through that area, I live there (just off the Firhouse exit). Situation in my appartement:

- Vodafone barely has any 2G signal (1 bar), absolutely no 3G. Absolutely unusable for anything.
    - Meteor is jumping from full signal to no signal on 2G. No 3G signal. Have to walk to the corridor of my apartement to do a phone call.
    - O2 seems best at first with mostly stable 2G signal (no 3G though), but once you try a call it is the same as Vodafone and Meteor.

Have not yet tried 3 (and don't plan to), but considering that when I do a network search it sometimes shows up and sometimes not, I would guess I would not have a signal there at all or would be roaming on Vodafone, which is just as bad....

What is annoying is that if I walk to the front of my appartement block, I have a perfect 3G signal on Meteor.

Advertisement