Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finnish Lessons

Options
  • 28-10-2008 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend an experienced tutor for Finnish lessons? Preferably 1 to 1 format.

Ta,

Gil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can try Sandford
    http://www.sandfordlanguages.ie/courses/language.html?id=11&section=Evening unless you can find a tutor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Thanks for that Biko, but I'm fed up with them altogether. Waited months for them to start the current course, then they change it from a Thursday to a Wednesday literally days before it was due to start.

Bad form, and very unfair. People make personal commitments based on an advertised class schedule, then the Institute see fit to mess eight or so students around just because the teacher can't meet the schedule.... It's no good them making excuses at the last minute. If they don't have reliable teachers, they shouldn't advertise the course. End of story.

So, can't attend now (for the above reasons) and won't waste my time in future with them.

If anyone can suggest an alternative tutor, I'd be very interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 anders

This is in Finland:
    "Finnish language lessons in Helsinki. An experienced journalist and teacher
    at a second level vocational college, now completing her studies in Finnish,
    offers private lessons in Helsinki. Native speaker. Will give a language
    level test at start to customise lessons to specific needs. Flexible
    schedule. Annuli(at)hgbherald.com"

Advertisement