Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Google Phone

• 28-10-2008 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

So what do people think??? anyone have one yet ??

Basics

Size: 4.6 x 2.2 x 0.6 inches Weight: 5.6 ounces Included battery: 1150 mAh Lion Talk time: up to 5 hours Standby time: up to 5 days Band (frequency): 850 MHz;900 MHz;1800 MHz;1900 MHz Included Accessories

• 1GB SD Card
    • Battery
    • Charger
    • USB Cable
    • Stereo Hands-Free Headset

Fun

• Easy access to Google applications
    • IM/Text/Email*
    • 3MP Camera
    • Video playback

Communication

• Touch Screen
    • QWERTY keyboard
    • Bluetooth® wireless technology

• One-click Google Search
    • Real web browsing capabilities
    • 3G Network and Wi-Fi access

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

its a piece of ****e. real ugly touch screen phone fully integrated with services Google can decide to discontinue when it's time for you to buy a new phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I don't know what all the hype is for other than the google name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I don't know what all the hype is for other than the google name.

It's mainly due to the OS rather than the handset itself. From what I have read it is better than Windows Mobile and potentially better all-round than OSX.

Once more handsets are launched and we see some of the new and exciting features of Android, the smartphone market should be more varied and therefore benefit the consumer more. I for one can't wait to see what Android offers in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i wouldn't really call it a google phone.

rebranded HTC by T-Mobile.

it's a dirt phone tbh, but the real exciting thing about the whole thing is the OS android has potential to be a WM and OSX killer. whether or not it will be now is a different story.

could you imagine android running on a better handset i.e. the HTC TouchHD? it's certainly possible and something i would love to see happening.

Advertisement