Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G Meteor

• 28-10-2008 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Hi

I have a Sony Ericsson phone and it shows the 3G symbol on the display screen.

How do I access it - When I go into Meteor stuff the "G" symbol appears.

Does this mean I am then on 2G?

Anyone know....

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

what do you mean by access it?

all 3g means is that it's faster for your phone to access the internet, there is no more content on meteor stuff or anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭dublad23

I mean when I want to access the internet I have to go to Menu and then click Meteor Stuff and this brings me to Meteor Mobile Internet homepage.

So the "G" that appears when I'm on this doesn't refer to2G or anything?

Are the charges the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

dublad23 wrote: »
    I mean when I want to access the internet I have to go to Menu and then click Meteor Stuff and this brings me to Meteor Mobile Internet homepage.

i don't think it does but i'm not sure exactly what G you're referring to. I have a k800i and the way i know that i have 3g coverage is next to the coverage level indicator a white square appears with some blue circles in it. is it the same on yours? i know that on some newer SE phones the word 3G appears instead. or what makes you think you're on 3G?

and when i connect to the internet a picture of the world appears, which again might be different on your phone and i'm thinking that's what's appearing as a G. if so, all that means is that there's a connection currently active and doesn't mean you're on 2g coverage

if this G appears as soon as you connect and disappears when you disconnect and the 3G indicator still says 3G the whole time then you are on 3G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

dublad23 wrote: »

Yes, the charges are the same no matter if you use GPRS, EDGE or 3G. The main difference between the 3 is speed. The G can sometimes appear on handsets even when a 3G connection is used e.g. Nokia 3120.

Advertisement