Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Dunne on Newstalk - is there a God? (finished)

Options
  • 28-10-2008 10:55am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone listen to this piece this morning?

Tom had the author of "Why There Almost Certainly Is a God" - Keith Ward in the studio, and some heathen student rep chap whose name now escapes me.

Mildly interesting if somewhat lightweight. :)

If anyone can find an archive that would be good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Yeah, was listening intently -- it's been a while since they've talked about that kind of thing on Newstalk!

The woman at the end was quite mind-numbing, but in general it wasn't bad. It was indeed lightweight!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

An author versus a student rep. Sounds like a fair fight to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Any segment on Tom Dunne's show cannot be taken seriously, he reminds me of Oprah and he's worse than his predecessor Orla Barry who I was vexed to recently learn is actually still with Newstalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

LA3G wrote: »
    Any segment on Tom Dunne's show cannot be taken seriously, he reminds me of Oprah and he's worse than his predecessor Orla Barry who I was vexed to recently learn is actually still with Newstalk.

He's the reason I've stopped listening to Newstalk in the mornings. I thought that Brenda Power woman was bad enough, but Tom Dunne makes me feel like I'm listening to Gerry Ryan or some such crap. I started listening to Newstalk because they used to avoid brain dead quizes for educationally subnormal listeners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Tom Dunne is 1000x as bearable as Orla Barry.

But yes, he is still very annoying indeed.

Newstalk has gone seriously downhill over the past year or 2. Even the news reports are becoming increasingly tabloidy and sensationalist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭dalkener

Thier is a direct correlation between the dumming down of content and the station going nationwide, what this says I do not know......

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The irony in that post is palpable. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's the same thing that happened with boards, the public found out and it all went to ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

thought the guy let god off easy,

Advertisement