Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EOS to break silence....huzzah!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Serenity Now!

He has already given an interview about all this but on radio. Sometime during the summer I think. Might still be a download link on the RTE site of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

good spot! i hope eddie has something to say about dricos recent comments on mariane finucane ,i think it was, about the preparations for the RWC.
    I'm hoping this one is a controversial one:D
    Anyone know who the interviewer is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

He has already given an interview about all this but on radio. Sometime during the summer I think. Might still be a download link on the RTE site of it.

He was interviewed by Eamon Dunphy back in April. Not sure if that's the one you're referring to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

He talks a good game, I'll give him that. This should be worth a watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Now writing a regular column for the Indo, starting today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Its awful there's alot of sentences in the column but it doesnt tell you anything. Typical EOS :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

on tv now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Dear sweet jesus it is worse than I could have ever imagined, make it stop. :eek:

getting the impression that he would do it all the exact same way all over again. :rolleyes:

Oh he's completely unrepentant about his mistakes, but at least there's a bit less round talk than normal. He's being reasonably honest and blunt actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Any actual revelations, or is he just patting himself on the back a bit?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Oh he's completely unrepentant about his mistakes, but at least there's a bit less round talk than normal. He's being reasonably honest and blunt actually.

I still find him quite a likeable as a person, however I am disappointed that he does not seem to have learnt any lessons from the experience of the RWC. Perhaps privately he has different thoughts on the matter, but it ain't showing tonight.
    Amz wrote: »
    Any actual revelations, or is he just patting himself on the back a bit?

Not really, maybe about the lions tour. In general on the defensive basically, justifing everthing from using only 15 players, to the Murphy affair. Reasonably tough questions from the interviewer in fairness, but perhaps not condusive to more open dialog..

Pity, 'bout as much as was expected then?

Amz wrote: »
    Pity, 'bout as much as was expected then?

Picture an extended post match interview with comfier chairs and you are 95% there.

Glad I didn't move the two feet to the sofa to watch this then.

and fancy lemon water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I got bored and watched the end of Underworld instead. Much more satisfying altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Sparky14

I actually though there were a few interesting things, mainly for me the lack of input from players. When asked whether players ever confronted him u got the impression Keith Wood was the only one who ever voiced an opinion, Mike Galway was prob the only other name he didn't hav to hav a little think about.

Advertisement