Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's snowing!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Cornilius

Interesting drive this morning to Ballygowan Co Down 7miles east of Belfast. Left Kilcock this morning at 8ish car frozen solid! Glorius sunshine all the way as far as Dundalk! There were dark clowds over the border where we met driving icy sleety rain, but as soon as we reach the Banbridge dual-carriageway the sleet turned to big fluffy flakes! It was blizzard white-out condition, everything was white except the road. There was intermittent snow on and off till we finally reached our destination. There was still a nice dusting of snow on the ground when we finally reached Ballygown at 11ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Just had the first 10 flakes of snow of the season:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Daniel O Donnel

Hi folks ,
    New on here . Can anyone give a run down on how to show photographs. Have a few of the snow this morning in Donegal.
    thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Hi folks ,
    New on here . Can anyone give a run down on how to show photographs. Have a few of the snow this morning in Donegal.
    thanks.
    Hi, welcome to the forum.(Have you got a weather station)

Using the [img][/img] image tags, insert the copied url inside these tags by way of third party software like photobucket.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

from met.ie:

Around dawn on Wednesday, rain will arrive in western counties and will then spread eastwards to all areas during the morning. Some sleet or snow will occur for a time ahead of the rain, especially over high ground in the east and north. Outbreaks of rain will persist for much of the afternoon but will clear in the evening to isolated showers. Breezy and less cold for a time; highest temperatures 5 to 10 degrees Celsius.

so those in the east and North could be happy tomorrow morning and possibly on thursday too. The weekend will be fine. Then we can probably all look forward to mild south westerlies for the start of next week. I hope we don't have to wait another two months before we get a wintry snap after this.

• Advertisement

IMG_2415.jpg?t=1225212181

Cant get the link from photobucket to the image things on here:(

Will delete above if it is to big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

I saw one snowflake couple hours ago. Temp was 5C, but DP -2C at the time. A few small snow grains/pellets/soft hail......(whatever you want to call them) along with the flake.
    If I 'm pushed to it, I'll admit that this does not belong to a "Its Snowing" thread.........but I don't care!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Congrats MM, everyone should see snow at least once a year:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

Looking across from the west, this evening it seemed to me that the top of Lugnaquilla was white, can anybody closer confirm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

nilhg wrote: »
    Looking across from the west, this evening it seemed to me that the top of Lugnaquilla was white, can anybody closer confirm?

Yes, it has a snow covering now. See the 'Current Weather Conditions' thread for more info...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Hail-Sleet shower in Portlaoise after 3pm today. Quite cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

Joining the club now ,:D sleety/soft hail shower atm .

Advertisement