Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction applied to my profile, I have no idea why - no explanation offered.

Options
  • 28-10-2008 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

I have just received an infraction with absolutely no warning or explanation. Can someone please explain how I am supposed to figure out why this was given and where it came from?

I don't remember saying anything that could have been construed as

"Reason: Blatent unbacked accusation
    Accusations of this kind are not tolerated on boards.ie
    "

I am pretty offended that someone could just whack an infraction on my profile like that without even explaining why or offering any right to appeal.

How do I go about having this investigated?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Probably best to ask in the Helpdesk forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Strange one-

if they started banning for unbacked accusations there'd be no-one left

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I think I was whacked with that for expressing an opinion that the bus network in cork leaves a lot to be desired. I didn't name anyone, make any accusations just stated fact about my experience.

A bit harsh if that is why!

I'll try the helpdesk thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Have you tried dropping Castie a PM? He mods the Cork City Forum so I guess it was something you said in there?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Solair wrote: »
    I am pretty offended that someone could just whack an infraction on my profile like that without even explaining why or offering any right to appeal.

How do I go about having this investigated?

It is *only* an infraction that disappears after a bit and make no difference whatsoever to your boards.ie experience.

A warning or a banning would be something worth questioning IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Thread already in Help Desk.
    B

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement