Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop(from Santy)-Cheap(ish)

• 28-10-2008 11:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭

My son has just informed me that he wants a laptop from santy:(:mad:. I have tried explaining that the recession has hit Santy too, but he aint having none of it!
    So I am looking for a laptop as cheap as I can get one for a reasonable product. Anyone know if any tescos in the Cork area are still doing the "half price" offers? Had a look at the tags in one place and it said the offer was running til 31/12/08. What about the Siemens from Dunnes are they a good price?
    Other than that does anyone know of anywhere doing offers for less than €400(pref less than €300!!). Bricks n Mortar or online.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

I feel your pain. Our daughter has changed her mind from a bike to a laptop even though the letter to the North Pole was sent.

Now we have to use the 'special text number that you can you can use one' to change the bike to a laptop.

Harvey Normans were doing netbooks reasonably cheap recently.

Someone has posted a bargain alert on the eeePC 100 from laptopsdirect.ie

Or maybe something like this one?

http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/asp/versions.asp?rewrite=ACER_ASPIRE_ONE_A150L__-_1.6GHz_80GB1GB_-_Blue_LU.S050A.074&pagetype=version&page=

I have dealt with laptopsdirect twice before and not had any issues. Others will tell you to avoid them like the plague.

The ACER Aspire One above or similar should be available from PC World for under €300

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Hi-Thanks for the info. Netbook is not an option(unfortunatley-would save me a small fortune). Will just have to keep the eyes open for good offers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

You could try asking here. They are pretty good at answering.

My sis was looking for one for her lad for €500. So I went out to currys and got one reduced from €550 to €400. Its a better laptop than the one I have.

They had a few others for €400> although I think the cheapest was €350.

I went to PC world first and they had no cheap ones.
    You try adverts.ie but it more than likey wont be new/boxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Donal94

Asus EEE PC for about €200 in currys. I have one their great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

heymcflyx wrote: »
    You could try asking here. They are pretty good at answering.

My sis was looking for one for her lad for €500. So I went out to currys and got one reduced from €550 to €400. Its a better laptop than the one I have.

They had a few others for €400> although I think the cheapest was €350.

I went to PC world first and they had no cheap ones.
    You try adverts.ie but it more than likey wont be new/boxed.

What was the laptop that was reduced? Any links to a spec?

• Advertisement
Advertisement