Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any shop in Dublin buy old phones?

• 28-10-2008 11:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to off load a 3 week old & working perfect Sony Ericsson K850i.

Does any shop in Dublin (or online store?) take trade-ins or offer cash for mobiles?

I don't want to sell it privately to an individual because by design it's a piece junk - and I don't want the buyer (on adverts.ie or eBay) to return it.

If not, I'll probably end of flinging the damn thing out the window.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pansy Potter

What did you find so horrible about it?
    There are shops around Moore St and the Moore Mall and Parnell Street that will take it off your hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭JDxtra

What did you find so horrible about it?
    There are shops around Moore St and the Moore Mall and Parnell Street that will take it off your hands.
    Cheers!
    • It's a monster! Probably twice the size and weight of my previous SE phone (a W910i).
    • The pictures aren't really that good, certainly not a big step up from my old 3.2 megapixel K800i.
    • The flash and the camera shutter are out of sync approx 50% of the time - resulting in very, very dark photos. Apparently this is common and not a fault with my phone.
    • It's slow. I would compare it to trying to run Windows Vista on a Pentium III computer. I like my devices to be fast and responsive, this is neither.
    • The physical layout of the keys doesn't work for me. Certainly not intuitive, and it should be.
    • The pretend "touch" keys are a daft idea. Try asking anybody to unlock your phone and watch them struggle.
    • And as a general comment - the phone software on it (and all SE phones) has been the same for years - do they actually have any software developers? :)

Ok, rant over! :)

Advertisement