Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction received - no explanation, and I don't understand why.

Options
  • 28-10-2008 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have just received an infraction with absolutely no warning or explanation. Can someone please explain how I am supposed to figure out why this was given and where it came from?

I don't remember saying anything that could have been construed as

"Reason: Blatent unbacked accusation
    Accusations of this kind are not tolerated on boards.ie
    "

I am pretty offended that someone could just whack an infraction on my profile like that without even explaining why or offering any right to appeal.

How do I go about having this investigated / appealed?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Have you dropped Castie a PM for clarification?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Yes, no response however.

There thread is : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57710411#post57710411

I don't think I said ANYTHING strange in that thread other than express an opinion that I feel that the Cork bus service is pretty bad by comparison to every other city I've lived in.

You were infracted for saying this:
    Unfortunately scumbags do tend to roam, particularly if there are nice cars they can torch in an area where they're not known to locals.

It's a random remark, naming no one in particular, harmless enough I would have thought, but without any real evidence to back it up, so no proof of what you said to be true.
    Perhaps this is why he infracted you?

OK, next time I will provide several hours of CCTV footage and satellite tracking information and names and addresses of all involved!:confused:

I have personally experienced car torching twice in this kind of scenario.

Thanks for your help, but frankly I consider that over-moderation.

Solair wrote: »
    frankly I consider that over-moderation.

At face value, I would agree with you.
    Perhaps Castie has a reason that I am not aware of and would like his imput on it.
    I will link him to this thread.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

I regarded your comment as being inflamatory and off topic.
    A comment about scumbags torching cars is in no way related to Good/Bad areas of Cork. I did issue a warning earlier in the thread that any more of this sort of thing would be dealt with.

Ber ill leave it up to you if you want to overrule me.

Also might i add that you waited less than an hour for a reply to your pm.
    Claiming no response after such a short time is not true.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

scumbags torching cars is in no way related to Good/Bad areas of Cork
    Like suicide bombers are in no way related to bad areas of the middle east?

Maybe relax the reigns a little? Wait for reported posts? Conversation tends to wander, generally speaking.

If nobody in particular is being villianised and it's not spam, moderation should be reasonably lackadaisical.

Sorry i should have worded that better.
    Scumbags roaming into different areas id consider off topic.

Cult I'll take onboard what you have said.

I particularly object to the infraction being for :

""Reason: Blatent unbacked accusation
    Accusations of this kind are not tolerated on boards.ie
    "

I made no such accusations. So, please remove the infraction.
    it's only an online profile, but it's just the principle that it's tarnishing my profile's reputation. It's just not very fair.

• Advertisement

Beruthiel wrote: »
    It's a random remark, naming no one in particular, harmless enough I would have thought, but without any real evidence to back it up, so no proof of what you said to be true.
    Perhaps this is why he infracted you?

As Ber has already said.

There was no proof.
    The Infraction may not be worded fully correct but the basis for the infraction as far as im concerned is there.

Fine!

I am still of the opinion that this is grossly unfair and extremely petty and over the top.

In that case, I will simply not be interacting with you or any forum that you moderate ever again.

All the best!

Advertisement