Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Live fails at Xbox Live stage

• 28-10-2008 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi

Im trying to connect to xbox live and everything connects fine until it gets to the xbox live stage where it fails. Anyone know how to fix this? I read that it might have to do with the router firewall settings. If so how do I change the settings on a vista laptop?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Which Internet provider are you with? if it's Eircon you need to type 192.168.1.254 into your browser to get into your router, then you need to turn down the firewall level to "Low" I had the same problem. If you're with another provider, it should be 192.168.1.1 to access the router controls (same thing again though, maybe slightly different way of doing it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

I can help here mate. I just sorted a kid I knows 360 with the same problem.

First things first, yes your right. Its your routers firewall. First off get you laptop, then in the search/run bar in the bottom left type "cmd".

This will bring up command prompt (black text box, you need this to find your routers ip/ webpage)

Type ipconfig/all this will bring up a load of text. IP , gateway etc.

Now your looking for your default gateway. Should be something like 192.168.0.1.

Type the numbers into the address bar on internet explorer/firefox what ever. Then you should get the router home page. Probably will ask for a password. Normally set to admin and password is password. But might be different, depends on the router. But the documents you got with your broadband package should have all the above details.

once there, find your firewall settings its probably set on high or medium, you can either reduce the protection to low which will sort out your xbox live problem. But thats not really the best thing to do.

The best thing to do is open ports or forward ports. The best place to help with this is www.portforwarding.com, there you just find your router model and follow the guide step by step.

Some routers already have xbox live ports set up all you have to do is turn it on.
    Once you've forwards ports for your 360, run the network test on the 360 and it should work fine.
    Hope this helps, I know its a little vague but should point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

Thaks a mil! actually about 2 minutes after I posted the thread I got it working but thanks anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

No problem

Advertisement