Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog missing - anyone seen this guy?

• 28-10-2008 11:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Have a dog that went missing last night/this morning that I'm looking to track down.

I actually picked him up from a roundabout outside Clonmel on Sunday with no collar, no traffic savvy and no homes/halting sites nearby so I reckon he was abandoned there.

I wasn't able to find him a shelter over the bank holiday weekend so ultimately he had to come back up to Dublin with me last night, but unfortunately managed to pry out of my g/f's garage door where I was keeping him overnight and is gone missing.

I can't really keep him anyway, but if anyone picked him up I'd still like to know what was going on with him & also just in case someone near Clonmel is looking for him the Garda station there think I have him.

I'm hoping he was picked up since he never wandered very far before that I saw and he's not good with traffic, yet he wasn't anywhere near the house this morning.

Not sure of the breed but he's a small friendly little fella, not classically beautiful, possibly some kind of terrier mix. Have a pic here;

cliffpm7.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭t-ha

Better pic;

cliff2vj1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Ah poor thing. I hope he gets found :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

t-ha wrote: »

Not sure of the breed

cliffpm7.jpg

Looks like he has a bit of Bull Terrier in him..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭t-ha

anniehoo wrote: »
    Looks like he has a bit of Bull Terrier in him..
    Yeah we were thinking the same thing but hoping no-one else would since it seems to be a bit of a dirty word when it comes to saving and rehoming dogs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Yeh i know what you mean. They are very sweet dogs just have bad rep...its very slight but id be 100% hes bull terrier in him, ye can see it across the eyes! Hope the poor lad gets lucky and someone nice picks him up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

I hope you get him back, he looks very sweet, I had one do the same thing and ascape over my back wall, I'm still looking for him too. No one ever callsd to say they owned him either so I'm worried for him it's a long drop over the wall. Hopefully he will turn up for you, you need to put out the word now for dog missing and not found inthe area.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

We went looking for him last night round the estates in the area, asking other dog owners if they had seen him, but no joy. We're hoping someone will have taking him in because he's a sweet little thing. Fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Ask the post man in the morning. When out dog got out my girlfriend went driving around for him but couldn't find him anywhere. She stopped and asked the postman to keep an eye out. a few hours later the postman called to our door with our dog in his arms :)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

Good idea, I remember something similar happening with one of our dogs when I was a kid. Postman spotted her on a farm 3 miles away. Thanks for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Lexie_Karas

Manties wrote: »
    Ask the post man in the morning. When out dog got out my girlfriend went driving around for him but couldn't find him anywhere. She stopped and asked the postman to keep an eye out. a few hours later the postman called to our door with our dog in his arms :)

Aww... how sweet is that!! What a nice postman! And people think that postman and dogs can't be friends, lol!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement