Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iconic Horror Character Tournament

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Norman Bates (Psycho)
    SDooM wrote: »
    LZ doesn't need too, we're weeding out the weak ones for the second stage... Sarah Conner VS Freddy, that's a much tougher call, for example!

Believe me, there are some real tough calls to come in Round 1.:D

A convincing 4-0 so far in favour of the mother of the future leader of the human race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Wendy Torrance (The Shining)
    LZ doesn't need too, we're weeding out the weak ones for the second stage... Sarah Conner VS Freddy, that's a much tougher call, for example!

Shh, Wait until the draw is made for the next round.

This is like the early stages of the FA Cup. Sure Man United can stroll past Hartlepool in the early rounds, but when the poor teams have been weeded out and Chelsea show up as the opponents in the semi-final things get a bit more even.

may i suggest that round 2 and onwards have opponents be drawn out of a hat? I like the seeded aspect of round one (ie: themes) but if they carry on into the later stages it might up getting a bit contrived.

Norman Bates (Psycho)
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Shh, Wait until the draw is made for the next round.

This is like the early stages of the FA Cup. Sure Man United can stroll past Hartlepool in the early rounds, but when the poor teams have been weeded out and Chelsea show up as the opponents in the semi-final things get a bit more even.

may i suggest that round 2 and onwards have opponents be drawn out of a hat? I like the seeded aspect of round one (ie: themes) but if they carry on into the later stages it might up getting a bit contrived.

Great Idea and I'll contact you when we get to that stage.:)

I've realised that the original amount of competitors does not work out logistically for later rounds so I'm thinking about creating a poll consisting of all losing parties in round 1. I'll leave it open for a day or two and the top 4 competitors in the Poll will be given a wildcard into round 2. That way we have 16 going into Round 2 and it presents me with 8 straight forward one-on-one battles, with four battles on each side. I'd like feedback on this situation.:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Norman Bates (Psycho)
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Great Idea and I'll contact you when we get to that stage.:)

I've realised that the original amount of competitors does not work out logistically for later rounds so I'm thinking about creating a poll consisting of all losing parties in round 1. I'll leave it open for a day or two and the top 4 competitors in the Poll will be given a wildcard into round 2. That way we have 16 going into Round 2 and it presents me with 8 straight forward one-on-one battles, with four battles on each side. I'd like feedback on this situation.:)

Sounds pretty good.

I'd also impose a pretty tight time limit on the rounds in case you don't reach 8 replies!

Norman Bates (Psycho)
    Sounds pretty good.

I'd also impose a pretty tight time limit on the rounds in case you don't reach 8 replies!

Agreed, say 24 hours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Brundlefly (The Fly)
    LZ told me to vote - I'm tired so reasons are sparse. All I'll say is Sarah Conner ftw she kicks ass, Laurie runs around screaming like a girl...wait...:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

The Candyman (The Candyman)
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Yes, yes we should.
    I just hope no uber powerful force shows up at the end:
    ie: Cthulhu

God-freakin-Zilla!

*Votes at gunpoint*- sarah connor! She would have won the was if she had a certain japanese monster watching her back. Pfft,robots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Norman Bates (Psycho)
    Watch Terminator 2.

Clearly Sarah Connor. :pac:

• Advertisement

Norman Bates (Psycho)
    Thats 7-0 for Sarah... kick arse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Moonspell

Sidney Prescott (Scream Franchise)
    Make it 8 for Sarah... that's my vote

Norman Bates (Psycho)
    Moonspell wrote: »
    Make it 8 for Sarah... that's my vote

Thank you Moonspell.:)

So yet another resounding victory in Round 1, this time around 8-0 in favour of Sarah Connor.

The fourth battle of Round 1 will be posted shortly............

Norman Bates (Psycho)
    Round 1 Battle 4

Battle of the Avenging

Paul Kersey (Death Wish)

deathwish009.jpg

-v-

Eric Draven (The Crow)
    TheCrow-BrandonLee.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Paul Kersey (Death Wish Franchise)
    Eric Draven, no contest.

He's The Crow ffs!

The physical incarnation of nocturnal awesomeness!

THE CROW! No contest!

• Advertisement

Norman Bates (Psycho)
    Quick where is Galvasean! He better come quick before Eric Draven runs away with it (not that I'm saying he shouldn't run away with it).:pac:

Norman Bates (Psycho)
    Draven would get pissed off with yer man shooting him with guns, throw rings at him, and then all kinds of wail on his ass.

Also reckon he is not smart enough to figure out the raven weakness.

Draven would get pissed off with yer man shooting him with guns, throw rings at him, and then all kinds of wail on his ass.

Also reckon he is not smart enough to figure out the raven weakness.

Smack. Quit telling people bout peoples weaknesses :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Pennywise (IT)
    This is a tough one to call.

In fact its not really, because The Crow is already dead, there aint nothing Paul Kearsey can do to stop him.

I would like to give my vote to Kearsey simply because he is still alive, he risks his life for revenge, while Draven risks nothing as he is already dead anyway and his only reason is to gain his vengeance.

So, my heart says Kearsey as he is actually risking something.

Unfortunately my head says Draven, as obviously, in a fight between the two....the dead guy is gonna win.

Draven

• Moderators Posts: 51,881 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Has to be Draven. Don't see how Kersey would defeat him. I mean all Draven has to do is tell the crow to fly south for the winter.:pac:

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement

Norman Bates (Psycho)
    5-0 so far in favour of Draven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Draven.
    I mean how many people dress up as Paul Kersey for Halloween?

Paul Kersey

"Do you believe in Jesus?"
    "Good, because you're about to meet him."

That and in DeathWish3 he takes on a friggin army and wins. plus he's the only man I've ever known to successfully order a rocket launcher through the post.

Don't underestimate the Kersey,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Draven is so yummy. drooling-5.gif

Norman Bates (Psycho)
    7-1. Draven needs just one more to go through.

Draven is so yummy. drooling-5.gif

Youre very right :) galva-come on,i give you this quote,from the ending of the original book-last villian,half dead after draven crashes his car
    ,draven-"how many angels dance on the head of a pin" villian-"don't ****in know!" draven,taking out a hammer-"it depends on the tune"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

draven
    to ouy you out your misery
    :D

WIN!

Norman Bates (Psycho)
    I swear I did not coerce anyone into voting.:p:pac:

Eric Draven wins in a resounding 8-1 victory. However Paul Kersey, and every other loser in Round 1 will still have the opportunity to qualify for Round 2 through the wildcard option (explained in earlier post).

The next battle will be posted shortly........

Norman Bates (Psycho)
    Round 1 Battle 5

Whoever Wins, We Lose

Alien versus. Predator

alien-vs-predator-ff07.jpg

• Advertisement

Alien-the perfect evolutionary species. Much respect for predator,but alien for me. Check the list of alien castes on wiki,they adapt everywhere. Truly brilliant

Alien

video cuts before the Alien lays the smackdown on his second Pred.

Norman Bates (Psycho)
    Predator - it hunts Aliens. :pac:

More accurately, they hunt Aliens. ^^

• Moderators Posts: 51,881 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Aliens. Danny Glover was able to survive the predator, don't see that being possible with an alien.:D

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I'll give my vote to Alien as the Predator films were always more action films to me.

Norman Bates (Psycho)
    4-1 in favour of of the Xenomorphs so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Paul Kersey (Death Wish Franchise)
    Hmmmd and haaaad over this one, but I gotta give my vote to the Aliens. Yes, Predator kicks ass, but he has all of that awesome technology to help him to do so. Aliens don't need any weapons, they're is just a pure and perfect killing machine.

Norman Bates (Psycho)
    orestes wrote: »
    Hmmmd and haaaad over this one, but I gotta give my vote to the Aliens. Yes, Predator kicks ass, but he has all of that awesome technology to help him to do so. Aliens don't need any weapons, they're is just a pure and perfect killing machine.

But that;s the point of the Predator! He uses that technology to defeat Xenomorphs in particular. He's lethal, ruthless, honourable and above all effective. One predator can take out dozens of Aliens in a hunt.

Norman Bates (Psycho)
    But that;s the point of the Predator! He uses that technology to defeat Xenomorphs in particular. He's lethal, ruthless, honourable and above all effective. One predator can take out dozens of Aliens in a hunt.

Gotta agree with you Joe, you gotta love the Predators, especially when they are sticking it to those damn rapists the Xenomorphs!:mad::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Pennywise (IT)
    Xenomoprh, without a doubt.

Norman Bates (Psycho)
    A grave miscarriage of justice has taken place. I'm watching Death Wish for the first time and Paul Kersey is the man! Thank **** I came up with this wildcard idea.:p

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    A grave miscarriage of justice has taken place. I'm watching Death Wish for the first time and Paul Kersey is the man! Thank **** I came up with this wildcard idea.:p

Have you read the crow and watched the movie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Gigers Alien all the way.

Greatest movie monster of all time.

Norman Bates (Psycho)
    Nerin wrote: »
    Have you read the crow and watched the movie?

I've watched The Crow many times and Eric Draven is awesome, but this dude has no super powers.:p:pac: I'm not saying The Crow doesn't deserve to be in Round 2, it's one of my favourite comic book adaptations, but I wish I hadn't put Kersey up against him.;)

Norman Bates (Psycho)
    Uh... Alien supporting guys, one on one, An alien has no chance against a predator.

They treat them like wild stock, a predator right of passage is to kill an alien and scar yourself ritually with their acid blood.

Predator, and easily, and he's begging for tougher competition in round two!

• Advertisement

Uh... Alien supporting guys, one on one, An alien has no chance against a predator.

They treat them like wild stock, a predator right of passage is to kill an alien and scar yourself ritually with their acid blood.

Predator, and easily, and he's begging for tougher competition in round two!

Read the wiki,the universe hasn't been fully explored,nor has the species,some of the other castes are awesome,dragon alien??whale alien? Come on!

Norman Bates (Psycho)
    7-2 to the Xenomorphs right now.

Chopperbyrne, when I say Alien I'm talking about the Alien from the entire franchise. I only used the poster for the sake of having a high quality picture of both the Xenomorph and Predator. Since it's looking like the Xenomorph is going through, I'll use an image of Gigers Alien next time around.

Norman Bates (Psycho)
    Nerin wrote: »
    Read the wiki,the universe hasn't been fully explored,nor has the species,some of the other castes are awesome,dragon alien??whale alien? Come on!

If you're going to allow that you have to let the preds have all their weapons- including nukes and orbital bombardments!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Alien

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Norman Bates (Psycho)
    Preds ftw.

• Advertisement
Advertisement