Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

atheist TV

Options
  • 28-10-2008 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭

Jesus Politics
    On tonight (28th Oct 2008 2200) on MORE4
    http://www.channel4.com/more4/documentaries/doc-feature.jsp?id=227

After fighting as an Israeli soldier in the 1973 war, and troubled by the nation's obsessive mixing of the Bible with politics, filmmaker Ilan Ziv left for America, which he considered a "safe haven" because of its separation between church and state. Thirty-five years later, alarmed by the prominent role of religion in the 2008 American presidential campaign, he decides to make a road trip to understand the phenomenon.

Rather than follow the candidates, however, Ziv decides to meet with religious activists supporting the Democratic and Republican candidates. From the Iowa Caucus and the New Hampshire and South Carolina primaries to Super Tuesday in Oklahoma, JESUS POLITICS shows the efforts of Baptist activists for Obama, Catholics and evangelicals for McCain,
    http://www.jesuspoliticsthemovie.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Wish i had More4. :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Will have to record it, as it's on the same time as Wheeler Dealer Goes Abroad, on Discovery Turbo. :D

I got my priorities.

Galvasean, I reckon an archive will be available tomorrow somewhere.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Is 4OD available here?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

5uspect wrote: »
    Is 4OD available here?

*glances at the 4OD icon in his system tray*

Yes.

(EDIT: FYI, I've discovered that both 4OD and Sky Anytime function through a completely unmentioned P2P system called Kontiki, so I'd reccomend disabling it when you're not using it if you don't like the idea of constantly uploading stuff in the background. My main complaint is the fact that there is no informed consent whatsoever, I only discovered this months after installing it. Sure it's probably buried in the EULA somewhere but the distribution program is a nondescript exe file called Khost that runs invisibly in the background all the time)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

• Advertisement
Advertisement