Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox live this christmas

• 28-10-2008 12:50pm

I have growing concerns for xbox live this christmas after what happened last christmas . Christmas time is going to be the only time were i can sit down and get some decent gaming in.
    Last years fiasco and the resolution have left me a little angry with them. I spoke to people there and they treat you like you are expendable to them. But then they did acknowlage they were having problems with so many new customers, they did interviews with the media and stated that they would do something for their customers who lost service over the christmas. They gave a rubbish game for free so much so i didnt even download it as it wasted my time. I expected a month free or something like that. In my opinion they seemed to get away with it very very easy.Other businesses would not have.
    So what for this christmas will they be ready for all the new customers ? I am having my doubts.

All i know is , i think xbox live is great but i dont like them and i hate giving them my money.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,797 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A decent game this time would be nice, can do without xbox live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

MS points would of been good, could choose what game you wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

What did they give last year? Undertow?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

We provide the Service "as-is," "with all faults" and "as available." The Microsoft Parties give no express warranties, guarantees or conditions.

thats in the T&C's that i presume you read when you signed up to XBL

Do you complain every year when the mobile phone networks are basically unusable on NYE?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I wouldn't worry - last Christmas cost them some of XBox Live's reputation as a solid reliable service (which it is, 99.9% of the time), not to mention what they had to pay to the Undertow guys to essentially cancel out most future revenue from that game.

They won't make the same costly mistake this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Different people have vital times they want services available. I'm sure the OP doesn't mind it being down when he has less time to use it. Different people have different thresholds. I mean, if it was down 90% of the time, sure it could be a T&C, but it doesn't mean I'd be happy about it.

In all honesty, you could make a living reading & writing BS and hiding behind it if you want to. How many people can honestly say they read the live t&c fully?

Personally, I don't mind if live goes down over Christmas, I have to suffer dial up while I'm at home - if it does go down, MS should offer something for the inconvenience though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

So it was undertow.

To op, how do you know the game was rubbish if you didnt play it? Also if you only get decent gaming done at christmas it was just bad bad luck it happened then and since then its been perfect.. the only time since then I can think it was bad was the maintence they did a few weeks back but that was for the new update. It would have been worse if MS did nothing is all im saying.
    event wrote: »
    We provide the Service "as-is," "with all faults" and "as available." The Microsoft Parties give no express warranties, guarantees or conditions.

Do you complain every year when the mobile phone networks are basically unusable on NYE?

I think I can safely say over 90% of people who agree to it don't read the agreements. I know I didn't.

Keep an eye on the threads about GoW2 when the new dash update comes in and some 5million people(random figure) cant play gears online. :D

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

What happened on Xbox live last christmas? Did all the new Xbox live connections by kids on Xmas day crash everything?

There only unusable for a few hours from 11 onwards, there was problems with Xbox Live for days.

If my phone was out of action for days every new years then yes I would complain, wouldn't you?

Yes i do complain about Mobile phones also and only last week i send some emails from my phone were i was charged and they didnt reach their destination. I made the complaint and i was re-funded.

Yes it is bad luck that my timing was bad but lets face it . As far as business go it was bad judgment from them not knowing their service limit was going to be stretched at christmas which is their biggest time of the year for sales and subscriptions.
    With regards the game, if i had a choice of going on xbox live for 2 weeks or Undertow , well i would pick 2 weeks of xbox live.

The T/C's says that they dont guarantee its going to work but they want the guarantee of your payment . That was 2 weeks with no service and they never made up for it in my opinion.

• Advertisement

my point about the T&C's is that if you agree to them, it is assumed you read them.
    and when people enter into a contract of their own free will, they cant really complain when whatever issues they have are covered by said T&C's

people wanted a month free, what is that, about €4 going on €50 for a year

undertow cost 800 points when it was free, which is roughly €9.60 as far as i can work out

so they actually gave you more than you would have got.

so what do you want, a massive €4 or the free game?

undertow cost 800 points when it was free, which is roughly €9.60 as far as i can work out

so they actually gave you more than you would have got.

so what do you want, a massive €4 or the free game?

It's a **** game which hardly any one would pay 9.60 for.

Everyone has to pay for live to play online, a month would of been more use to many gamers rather then a terrible game that not many people wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Undertow was so bad they couldn't even give it away, sure Dre didn't even download it!
    Live should be more stable this year, I think last year caught them by surprise, shouldn't happen again not to the same extent anyway.
    It's not the end of the world anyway sure you can get some 'quality time in' with the family!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

I don't remember it going down last Xmas. I remember it going down when Halo 3 came out.

I tell you what if it goes again this Xmas, crack open a few cans of beer and watch the Xmas special of Corrie!!! lol

I mean you'll be playing with every noob in America Xmas day anyway. So maybe microsoft shut the servers down to save our ears!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Aye DAm THE ESB!!! HOW DARE WE HAVE NO ELCRICITY!!! OMG!!Z!" MY PHONE IS DOWN FOR % MINUTES RARRR!!!! GIEF MAH BRAOBDAND!!

CHRISTAMS FRIENDS AND FAMILY?!?"!"!@ NO NEED XBOX LIFE FOR THE FRAGZZZ

They gave a free game however ****e - as far as I remember they did actually reimburse people for the lost time - they don't owe anyone a free month or any nonsense like that.
    If you're woried find another hobbie that cannot be tied to technical failure which as you should learn in life happens.
    deal with it, cop on, grow up, etc. etc.

keen wrote: »
    It's a **** game which hardly any one would pay 9.60 for.

Everyone has to pay for live to play online, a month would of been more use to many gamers rather then a terrible game that not many people wanted.

so again, you want your €4 back?

give us your address there, ill stick it in the post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

so again, you want your €4 back?

give us your address there, ill stick it in the post

Please send mine to:

Mr. Term A. Condition
    Number 1 Hide Behind Drive,
    Rubbish Excuse Boulevard.
    Postcode: BS1

Advertisement