Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and Rock - Thoughts?

Options
  • 28-10-2008 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭

Okay folks, ye're all being very quiet now, with 2+ weeks of shopping gone by now :pac:

What are your thoughts?

Asked a staff member to get me a price on a specific model of jacket for the missus' Xmas present. They rang me at 09:40 last Saturday morning (mistake No. 1 ;)) to tell me they'd received the jacket I'd ordered (mistake No. 2) and that they wanted €450 for it (mistake No.3). Turns out it wasn't even the jacket I wanted (mistake No. 4), but the generic brand jacket. But then again, with ink/oil/similar marks on the sleeve, I wouldn't have bought it anyway....especially at that price. FFS, even the OAS have it for 399 list, minus a 10% MCI discount!

That same jacket is available from Snow + Rock in the UK for £260. That's €325. So, where do they get the extra €125 from?!!!

I like the selection of kit, especially the higher end stuff, but I'm frustrated by the pricing - It's quite a bit more than any other outdoor retailer in Dublin when comparing apples with apples.

Also, no MCI discount (yet) and no idea when it'll be arranged. Also, staff are on commission, and it shows....

BTW, I'm not just griping on the internet - I've tried to discuss this with the company Head Office too, and will let you know what they have to say....

Gil

EDIT - Their staff are nice though...didn't mention that earlier.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

Gil_Dub wrote: »
    So, where do they get the extra €125 from?!!!

because it in dundrum:D:D:D

i went to the great outdoors on saturday to get a load of kit because of the whole no discount for MCI members!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Well, they've got one thing right now, as and from today they're offering a 10% discount to MCI members:

http://www.mountaineering.ie/news/viewdetails.asp?ID=178

....I'm still wondering about the pricing disparity between here and the UK though....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

Gil_Dub wrote: »
    Well, they've got one thing right now, as and from today they're offering a 10% discount to MCI members

thanks for that gil i might buy something in there now:D

the pricing sounds mad though they will have to sort that...

Advertisement