If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone bought Sony Bravia 40W4500 or 40W4000 from richersounds

• 28-10-2008 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,
    Anyone bought Sony Bravia 40W4500 from richersounds belfast, is that different from when buy the same model in Ireland?

Someone else mentioned in one of the thread that there is model with MPEG2 (for UK) and MPEG4 (for Europe), is that correct? I believe this is for tuning VHF & UHF channels!

regards
    kpn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

Emailed both John and Dave this exact question today. Hopefully get a response soon.
    If it has MPEG4, I'll take one!
    Need to get something sorted for Chrimbo!

I'll post back here when I get a reply

Gar

• Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Guys just a quick reply to your posts.

At the moment we have very little access to the 40W4500 - our UK partner got its first dollop of these late last week but none were taught to swim (ie we didn't get any) we do hope to get some stock over the next couple of weeks but tehse will be available to order and for in-store collection only.

Re the MPeg 4 issue - we have not yet clarified if the 4500 will have MPEG4 - I am pretty sure it has and I dont think it will be an issue - however if yuo do want to be sure of your onions the Pana --PZ81 series does have MPEG4 and has been tested and looks great down South (and we do ship the 81 series down south)

Hope that has not confused things further...Drop me a line if I can assist,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

garlad wrote: »
    Emailed both John and Dave this exact question today. Hopefully get a response soon.
    If it has MPEG4, I'll take one!
    Need to get something sorted for Chrimbo!

I'll post back here when I get a reply

Gar

Hi Gar,

Theres a thread over in the Tech-TV-Terrestial about the PZ81 being used to pick up the DTT signal.

I have a PZ80 & love it, I'm just a little bit sick I didn't wait around for the PZ81 as getting FreeSat & DTT for only €100 extra seems like a bargin. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭kmb

Hi Lads,
    John,What price is the Pana --PZ81 series delivered to cork?

Is this a 40"?

Regards,

Kieran

Hiya KMB,

the z81 series now comes in 32/37/42/46 " versions - at the moment we are doing it with the Panasonic 5 Year warranty (only until the end of the month tho!)

Prices as follows:

32PZ81 - £price info in in next couple of days
    37PZ81 - £849.95
    42PZ81 - £969.95
    46PZ81 - £1299.95

Delivery anywhere in Ireland for boardies is £20...

Give me a shout if we can assist!

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

I was going to go for the PZ80, I'm with UPC so wouldn't imagine I'd be using Freeview anytime soon. What's DTT?

thanks a million

I'm with NTL/UPC too, so not sure exactly if I would ever get a chance to use the built in tuner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

What does the built-in tuner do?

Does the PZ81 work with both mpeg2 and mpeg4, as asked earlier?

Does 32PZ81 mean a 32" version of this TV?

Is there a 26" version?

Oh, wait, that's a plasma TV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

The built in tuner will pick up freesat hd when the tv is connected to a satellite dish. Another part of this tvs appeal is its mpeg4 tuner which will mean it'll be able to pick up irish dtt when its launched next summer.

The 32" and 37" versions are 1080p LCD screens. The 42", 46" and50" are 1080p plasma's.

Doubt there will be any 26" version but i think we will see a lot more tvs like this in the future, and not just from panasonic...

Zonda999 wrote: »
    The built in tuner will pick up freesat hd when the tv is connected to a satellite dish. Another part of this tvs appeal is its mpeg4 tuner which will mean it'll be able to pick up irish dtt when its launched next summer.

The 32" and 37" versions are 1080p LCD screens. The 42", 46" and50" are 1080p plasma's.

Doubt there will be any 26" version but i think we will see a lot more tvs like this in the future, and not just from panasonic...

Agreed Zonda - It's the way forward (and a really excellent TV!)

John Mc

• Advertisement

John,
    Mailed you last week about getting 2 Sony 40W4500 tv's. You get the email?

Gar

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kpn

Hi John,
    If you have Sony 40W4500 stock available pl. let me know. I want to take one

Regds
    kpn

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kpn

Hi John Mc,
    Is there any update about Sony 40W4500 availability & price?

Regds
    kpn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭positron

I had emailed JohnMc about the same Sony model some two weeks ago and never got a response.... I was planning to go up to Belfast to buy one, but now I am not so sure...!

PS: Slightly different model KDL40V4000U, just looked at the item again, and the price seems to have gone up..!!

http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=SONY-KDL40V4000U

That should come down again i'd say...

The price of this set has tumbled, though. If you can go to Belfast to collect this, it comes to under 375e, at todays rates:eek::eek::eek:. What a bargain!!! This is almost certainly not available for 20£ delivery, or is it???

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

That should come down again i'd say...

The price of this set has tumbled, though. If you can go to Belfast to collect this, it comes to under 375e, at todays rates:eek::eek::eek:. What a bargain!!! This is almost certainly not available for 20£ delivery, or is it???
    Jeez, that's an absolute bargain there! Good pic quality on the V-series too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

How much is the 32" PZ81 panasonic and does it still come with 5 year warranty?
    Will it tune uhf analog as well as MPeg4 DTT and freesat HD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

John

Any update on the Sony KDL40W4500 yet? I was interested in one of these, but don't want to go for the bundle they're selling down here which includes a Blu-Ray player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭positron

While KDL40W4500 is still 'in-store only', the KDL40W4000 model seems to be available to order online now...

positron wrote: »
    the KDL40W4000 model seems to be available to order online now...

:D:D:D

Brilliant!! The W4000 is a fantastic price with RS anyway. Anyone know if the samsung 40a656 is available for delivery at the mo??? I can t decide between the two. 100hz(In the Samsung) or an MPEG4 tuner(In the Sony). Decisions decisions......

EDIT: To be honest lads, having never ordered from RS before, i really dont know how a tv being in "buy it now" status on the .com website affects if Belfast are able to ship them down south but, anyway, it appears that a few tvs have become "buy it now" recently. The ones i've noticed are:

LG 42lg3000 - 450£
    Panasonic 32lxd80 - 450£
    LG 37LG6000 - 550£
    Sony 40v4000 - 650£
    Sony 40W4000 - 680£

• Advertisement

:D:D:D

Brilliant!! The W4000 is a fantastic price with RS anyway. Anyone know if the samsung 40a656 is available for delivery at the mo??? I can t decide between the two. 100hz(In the Samsung) or an MPEG4 tuner(In the Sony). Decisions decisions......

EDIT: To be honest lads, having never ordered from RS before, i really dont know how a tv being in "buy it now" status on the .com website affects if Belfast are able to ship them down south but, anyway, it appears that a few tvs have become "buy it now" recently. The ones i've noticed are:

LG 42lg3000 - 450£
    Panasonic 32lxd80 - 450£
    LG 37LG6000 - 550£
    Sony 40v4000 - 650£
    Sony 40W4000 - 680£

Guys The Sammy 40A686 is available to order online, is in stock (today) and is £749.95/£20 delivery for boardies - once a TV is buy it now - Boardies can get it for £20 delivery (Plus the price of the TV of course:P)

If we can help any of you boardies please just mail me to johnmc@richersounds.ie and we will do our best!

Thanks as ever,

John Mc

johnmc wrote: »
    Guys The Sammy 40A686 is available to order online, is in stock (today) and is £749.95/£20 delivery for boardies - once a TV is buy it now - Boardies can get it for £20 delivery (Plus the price of the TV of course:P)

If we can help any of you boardies please just mail me to johnmc@richersounds.ie and we will do our best!

Thanks as ever,

John Mc

Brilliant altogether!!:D:D

I'm gettin a new tv as soon as my xmas bonus comes through and this looks like the one for me:D:D

I shall be calling you in the next 2 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Can I place an order on the .com website to be delivered to Dublin for £20?

Fidelis wrote: »

No, afaik, you have to contact John or the Belfast store to sort that out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dunser

Can anyone advise if the V model is older than the W, is there much of a difference.

Does it have Mpeg 4 tuner

Thanks

Fidelis wrote: »

No, but if you drop me an email we can deliver most things from the .com website into Ireland - if the item says 'last few to clear' or 'instore only' then stock is more restricted - but always give us a try and we will order if we can for you - drop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie or johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks as ever,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭wonky79

I picked up the new sony bravia 40w4500 for £850 yesterday in richersounds in belfast. It worked out at €892.70. It would have cost £1119 in the sony store in belfast, or €1399 in the sony store in dublin :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭RaoulDukeHST

wonky79 wrote: »
    I picked up the new sony bravia 40w4500 for £850 yesterday in richersounds in belfast. It worked out at €892.70. It would have cost £1119 in the sony store in belfast, or €1399 in the sony store in dublin :D
    Hi Wonky79, I have been torn between the W4500 or the Panasonic PZ85. I had decided on the 4500 initially but have been hesitant about the Sony as I have read a lot about 'clouding' issues on other boards - avforum.com etc. Are you happy with your set?
    Also, what warranty did you get with the set?
    Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭wonky79

I haven't taken it out of the box yet as I won't be going home until Tuesday, but I'll let you know what its like when I do. It comes with only a 1-year garantee, but you can extend it to 5-year's with richersounds if you like (it will cost you 10% of the price of the set though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭RaoulDukeHST

Cheers, I would be interested to hear what you think about its SD performance.

This discussion has been closed.