If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone bought Sony Bravia 40W4500 or 40W4000 from richersounds

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I can't find the 40v4000 on the website anymore :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭RaoulDukeHST

I tried mailing RS to no avail. Eventually got them on the phone yesterday. Seems like they are very low on stock and are expecting a restock next week sometime. After thinking about it for the last few months I finally bought the 43" PZ80. It was down to it and the W4500.
    Even with sterling as low as it is I got a fairly competitive deal down south.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭dessierb

I must say I have being on the Email to John at RS for the past 3 days and every question and request I have made I have got the answer I was looking for....Great service before I buy anything. Couldn't be more helpful and at fab prices. The KDL40W4000 is coming in on the 19 Jan for anyone interested, like me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

dessierb wrote: »
    The KDL40W4000 is coming in on the 19 Jan for anyone interested, like me...

John told me this too but i dont fancy waiting that long so i might ring them up later and see if they have a Samsung 40a656/40a686 in stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I must say I have being on the Email to John at RS for the past 3 days and every question and request I have made I have got the answer I was looking for....Great service before I buy anything. Couldn't be more helpful and at fab prices. The KDL40W4000 is coming in on the 19 Jan for anyone interested, like me...

Any word on when the W4500 is back in stock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭dessierb

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Any word on when the W4500 is back in stock?

Not sure about that one but send john an email. He is very prompt in replys.
    John McDonald (johnmc@richersounds.ie)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Zonda999 wrote: »
    John told me this too but i dont fancy waiting that long so i might ring them up later and see if they have a Samsung 40a656/40a686 in stock

Just rang Belfast there and theres no stock of the Samsungs either:(:(. Apparently, you'd be waiting as long for a 40" Samsung as a 40W4000. The nice chap on the phone said that its much easier for them to get a Panasonic or Pioneer tv at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

Hi

Does anyone know if they have the 37 lg6000 back in stock?

I've sent two emails in the last week and no reply.(Yes I know the time of the year!!:)) I did manage to get a helpful guy on the phone the other day who said they were waiting to get a delivery today, but I can't get through to them at the mo.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys!!! wooooooo...

here is the real story on the 40W4000 - we are P R O V I S I O N A L L Y hoping to see stocks again WEEK COMMENCING 19th January - that is when we have been informed that stocks will start freeing up in the UK again - however please don't read that as a cast iron guarantee - I have put a special request in this morning for additional stocks of W4500 and W4000 but I don't anticipate much better luck - however I will keep you posted.

On the Samsung LE40A686 - again we are out of stock - however we hope to see limited stock of this latest week commencing 12th January (maybe a few days earlier)

On the second subject of answering emails - we really are trying our best to plough through all your emails - we are receiving approx 300 emails a day to the Belfast branch alone - all of which I do try to reply to individually - if you send us a PM WE CANNOT REPLY TO IT - as our PM box is premanently full - we have asked the nice head Boardies for an increase in our mail box but we are still waiting for that at the mo..

If you do have a query please just drop a line to sales@richersounds.ie or johnmc@richersounds.ie and we will do our best to reply asap.

Thanks

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Pixied wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone know if they have the 37 lg6000 back in stock?

I've sent two emails in the last week and no reply.(Yes I know the time of the year!!:)) I did manage to get a helpful guy on the phone the other day who said they were waiting to get a delivery today, but I can't get through to them at the mo.

Pixed, Re. LG 37LG6000 - apologies for the delay in our reply - coming into (limited) stock again on Monday the 5th!

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hi John,

I tried to get you on email last week again, I appreciate you are very very busy so no worries - can you just clarify if you "provisionally" expect to see the 40W4500 in stock around the week of the 19th too, as well as the W4000?

And do you think you'll have enough for mail-order customers? I'd maybe consider making a trip up some weekend if it was "in-store" only, but obviously delivered to door would suit more.!

I realise you can only give me a best guess right now, but if this particular set is going to be in very short supply indefinitely I'll probably try my luck elsewhere before the missus forgets she gave me permission to buy it :)

cheers,
    Joe.

johnmc wrote: »
    Guys!!! wooooooo...

here is the real story on the 40W4000 - we are P R O V I S I O N A L L Y hoping to see stocks again WEEK COMMENCING 19th January - that is when we have been informed that stocks will start freeing up in the UK again - however please don't read that as a cast iron guarantee - I have put a special request in this morning for additional stocks of W4500 and W4000 but I don't anticipate much better luck - however I will keep you posted.

On the Samsung LE40A686 - again we are out of stock - however we hope to see limited stock of this latest week commencing 12th January (maybe a few days earlier)

On the second subject of answering emails - we really are trying our best to plough through all your emails - we are receiving approx 300 emails a day to the Belfast branch alone - all of which I do try to reply to individually - if you send us a PM WE CANNOT REPLY TO IT - as our PM box is premanently full - we have asked the nice head Boardies for an increase in our mail box but we are still waiting for that at the mo..

If you do have a query please just drop a line to sales@richersounds.ie or johnmc@richersounds.ie and we will do our best to reply asap.

Thanks

John Mc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭Invincible

I notice the 40W4500 has increased to £899 ??

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Hi John,

I tried to get you on email last week again, I appreciate you are very very busy so no worries - can you just clarify if you "provisionally" expect to see the 40W4500 in stock around the week of the 19th too, as well as the W4000?

And do you think you'll have enough for mail-order customers? I'd maybe consider making a trip up some weekend if it was "in-store" only, but obviously delivered to door would suit more.!

I realise you can only give me a best guess right now, but if this particular set is going to be in very short supply indefinitely I'll probably try my luck elsewhere before the missus forgets she gave me permission to buy it :)

cheers,
    Joe.

Joe,

Apologies - I only have (limited) info at this stage on the W4000 and at this stage I have no info on the W4500 - my reports from head office for the W4000 say 'available week commencing 19.1.9' however I have no quantities against this - all I can do at this stage is keep you guys posted via this thread which I will try to do on a regular basis.

Re. The price increase on the KDL40W4500 again I am afraid that this is beyond my control and anyone who has ordered one prior to the increase will have the original price honoured!

Sorry I cannot be any more helpful this time!

ATB,

John Mc

Thanks for that John. Sure keep us posted and leave me on your waiting list - I may go for it locally in the meantime if the wait becomes too much!!

Sterling is starting to gain strongly against the euro again the last few days too which is a real bummer :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭Esel

....we have asked the nice head Boardies for an increase in our mail box but we are still waiting for that at the mo..
    Something for you to consider John. If you become a subscriber (€5 month / €60 year), your PM box size is increased to 5,000.

Not your ornery onager

Hi John,
    Are you able to pricematch Samsyerman for the 40W4500, they're quoteing £879,delivery to anywhere outside Belfast £14.99.

Thanks.

Invincible wrote: »
    Hi John,
    Are you able to pricematch Samsyerman for the 40W4500, they're quoteing £879,delivery to anywhere outside Belfast £14.99.

Thanks.

http://www.samsyerman.co.uk/productdetails.asp?ProdText=Sony+KDL40W4000+40%22+Sony+HD+Ready+1080p+Digital+LCD+TV&ProdID=2503

Invincible - its still £899.95 on their site tonight (check the link above) - I have no issue beating any cheaper price, but as most of you guys know I just cannot get my hands on stock at the moment - until until we can clear our existing back orders we are not even taking orders (which as I am sure most of you Boardies know is not in our nature!)

Drop me a line if we can assist in any way to johnmc@richersounds.ie and thanks again for the mail,

ATB,

John Mc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Crap im going up to Belfast tomorrow to vist the mecca that is the Richer Sounds store with a huge shopping list and I was thinking of adding a W4500 :(

Hi John,
    As I was browsing their site on Wednesday night,(as you had'nt it in stock),I did'nt see the 40W4500 listed so I entered details to their search bar,this created an email enquiry,they sent a reply on Thursday evening,that's where the price of £879 and £14.99 for delivery came from.I'll give them a call tomorrow to enquire if it's misinformation:confused:

Thank's

I rang them this morning in their Belfast store and the salesman confirmed the price of £879 with delivery of £14.99,due in stock in about a week.

Hi John,
    You probably did'nt see my previous post yet,the 40W4500 has increased to £949.95 on your site,£100 in under a week of an increase,or is this a mistake ?

Thank's John.

p.s: The link that you have in your above post John is for the 40W4000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Increased price is probably due to recent devaluation of sterling? I'd say now is the time to snap up existing stock, as future imports (to the UK) will cost more, so price increases will inevitably follow.

Not your ornery onager

esel wrote: »
    Increased price is probably due to recent devaluation of sterling? I'd say now is the time to snap up existing stock, as future imports (to the UK) will cost more, so price increases will inevitably follow.

Sony themselves (as well as many of the other electronics giants) announced before Christmas that there would be price increases in the new Year - up to 30% in some cases :eek:
    As well as that, stocks of Sony TV's seem to be in very short supply everywhere. I picked up the last W4500 in a Sony Centre on Saturday and they weren't getting any more in till mid February at the earliest. They even had Panasonic and Samsung TV's up on display!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭iggy82

Hi John,

I ordered the 40W4500 when it was £849.95 - think i was about 9th on your list. Will you still be able to honour that price at the time of the order or will the new price apply?

Have you any idea yet when you will have stock in for the back orders?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭construct06

John,

has the kdl40w4500 come back into stock?

Guys,

sorry I missed these posts!

I have not had a sniff of the 4500's yet and everyone else appears to be in the same boat - if/when we do get any more- we will be honouring all outstanding orders 1st before we release any stocks to new Customers.

Thanks again,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BoycieIRL

Hi John, im on your list for kdl40w4000. Any sign of these arriving this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BoycieIRL

Hi all, has anyone heard anything back from John or the Richersounds team on the 40W4000/4500 - i have emailed john but no response to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Same here, no response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭construct06

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

This discussion has been closed.