Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Find out where my sites traffic comes from

Options
  • 28-10-2008 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

Just wondering if there is a way to find out where my traffic comes from..

I've made a few sites with my link down the bottom, Is there a way to find out how much traffic i get from people clicking this link?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Do you have any log analyzing software installed?

Easiest thing to set up is probably Google Analytics, might be overkill for the specific purpose you intend, but you'll probably find the results interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

It displays a lot of information alright, but it's so easy to use that you don't really get bogged down by all the stats. I would say it's definitely handier than downloading the log files and running an anaylser over them (if that's still the done thing).

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

Statcounter is the winner for me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

none wrote: »
    Statcounter is the winner for me.

Not much good for busy sites with its 500 visitor limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Awstats / Webalizer are available with most hosting plans ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

Sully wrote: »
    Not much good for busy sites with its 500 visitor limit.
    You know you can pay if you want more power but for most sites discussed here it's more than enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭swordsinfo

analytics all the way - seriously there is not setup and the results are class from where your users are from to what they are looking at all sorts its really good

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

none wrote: »
    You know you can pay if you want more power but for most sites discussed here it's more than enough.

Yup, but its costly for larger sites - they dont have the best of price plans.

Advertisement