Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up All Night Computer Games

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Alright.. a bold move.. on my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

[Jackass] wrote: »
    I think it was the last game before Championship Manager became Football Manager, but I took over Barnet in the confrence and won the champions league in 6 seasons. (calling divisions by old names)

Season 1: Won Confrence
    Season 2: Won third Division
    Season 3: Won Second Division and Runner up in League Cup
    Season 4: Won First division and won League Cup
    Season 5: Third in Premier League and won F.A. Cup
    Season 6: Won Champions League and Premier League.

They erected a statue of me outside the stadium twice.

Greatest championship adventure EVER. I'll never forget that game...then I took over the Ireland job and got us to the semi-finals of the European Cup, knocking out England in the groups.

Then I took over the England job and had won 12 from 12 games or something like that, including friendlies, and was going to walk the world cup (don't think I've ever won the world cup in championship manager) but then the save game crashed and was lost forever.

:(

Many sleepless nights playing that though!!! Legends such as Kasper Schiemichal, Todorov, Luke Moore and plenty others brought my team to glory!!

Hardcore. :pac:

Currently managing Brondby after giving up on my dreams of Rapid Wien becoming European Champions faded after I took over Man United instead. :p

Won the WC with Ireland in FM05 I think. ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Red Panda

Another wow-fiend checking in. I don't really play that much these days, but the other night I stayed up until 5 or so hunting bonfires with a friend for that silly summer holiday event

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I've played tiberian sun all night before,great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

BOFH_139 wrote: »

That's pretty cool.

Started playing Twilight Princess again before realising I wasn't in the mood for it (more in the mood for Wind Waker but can't find my copy)... so now I research how to change the game values through homebrew.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Just remembered that today is my 1 year anniversary of putting down the WoW crack pipe for the last time! :)

I think I might celebrate by trading in my Wii to get my third DS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭lankysexybeast

on more than one ocassion on my own and with my best mate i've played gears of war through in a night and sometimes bout games followed by halo have most of my games finished on the hardest diff purely because i lppay at night so often

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭FutureTaoiseach

I go through phases where I concentrate on one genre then lose all interest and move onto the next. At present its Empire Total War.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I don't know if this be better suited here or in the Zombie forum:

504x_snes_game_over_console_mod.jpg

http://retrotaku.level52.com/t1531-GAME-OVER-PROJECT.htm

• Advertisement

just played through C.O.D. 4 modern warfare for the first time in one sitting

thought it was ok but didn't like th aiming system

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

You must be playing it on a console then. FPS' can only be properly played on a PC with a mouse and keyboard :D

Kharn wrote: »
    You must be playing it on a console then. FPS' can only be properly played on a PC with a mouse and keyboard :D

oh no way man i find that your right with some of them but with things like gears or halo (giving away that i play x box) even dead space controlers are just more intuetive

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Back in the day, Deus Ex had me up all night, one particular night when I went out to a college night, but lost my ticket, couldn't. Went home. Trsut me, the drugs worked lol

Another thumbs up for Tiberian Sun too.

But in more recent (and more sober) years, BF2/2142 has had me up 'til the wee hours on more than one occasion, as has PES.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Another thumbs up for Tiberian Sun too.

Its even better online :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Its even better online :D.

Interestingly - the first game I ever actually played online, over dial-up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Elvaleryn

well its not really a game but i play poker online, sometimes on good days, ALL NIGHT as thats the best time to catch drunk americans burn away their money:pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

My fav "up all night" games that I can think of.

World of Warcraft.
    The Burnout Series (Going for gold medals in crash mode)
    Oblivion
    And Zelda game.
    Canim Canis Edit(Bully)
    Fallout 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 thielfer

my actual favourites on PC are:
    -fuel
    -prototype
    -cryostasis

sometimes I go to bed with my psp - then I use to play:
    - monster hunter freedom unite
    - crisis core:final fantasy VII
    - tekken dark resurrection - tekken dojo mode
    - guitar hero:rock band

a lot of times I realize it's 6-7 in the morning and I have to go to work
    then it's bleedin exhausting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Spent a few all nighters on Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fable 2 and WoW.. been neglecting them though in the last few months thanks to Rockband. :pac:

• Advertisement

I spent a night playing Morrowind a couple weeks ago actually. Old school stuff.

DoW2's still vaguely entertaining. As is FM.

And I was asked if I wanted to join a WoW raiding guild for some unknown reason last night. Given that I haven't played in a year or so it seemed a bit odd. ^^

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I was playing a bit of The Lost and the Damned there the other night and it nearly sucked me into a marathon session only I had to go out :)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Kharn wrote: »
    I was playing a bit of The Lost and the Damned there the other night and it nearly sucked me into a marathon session only I had to go out :)

Seemed to be over fairly quicly that game.

GEARS OF WAR 1 IN ONE HOUR FIFTY FIVE MINUTES :D NEW RECORD

Im back playing empire total war again *yawns*

Im back playing empire total war again *yawns*

Still can't warm to it.

Technically it's great, it's just not as fun as any of the older ones.

I do have a couple of daycent campaigns going, but nothing to stir the blood.

Still can't warm to it.

Technically it's great, it's just not as fun as any of the older ones.

I do have a couple of daycent campaigns going, but nothing to stir the blood.

I agree,its nowhere near as fun as medeval,although I do like the naval battles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

tribulus wrote: »

I've spent many a night playing the classic Championship Manager 97/98 and trying to get through a whole season before school.

+1

Used to be addicted to that!

Im playing dawn of war 2 online at the moment quite addictive and I suspect I'll be here most of the night :O.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Puma89

Dungeon Keeper 2 was briliant:D! Decided to pull it out again after reading this thread!

Never really got into Oblivion but I think il give it another go since I never finished it proper!

Never played WoW but im addicted to Warcraft 3. Always end up playing DotA when im bored.

Ive Spent countless late nights playin RTS games like AoE, AoM,WIII, C&C...etc.

Advertisement