Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up All Night Computer Games

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

Darkfall :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was playing fifa 10 till 3 in the morning last night :O then decided to have a game of fallout 3 for an hour :D.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Football Manager without a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Night time gaming for me these days usually includes FIFA 10, UFC 2009 and Condemned.... I highly recommend playing this one with the lights off.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

That_Guy wrote: »
    Night time gaming for me these days usually includes FIFA 10, UFC 2009 and Condemned.... I highly recommend playing this one with the lights off.

yes, nothing better playing with greased up naked men.... in the dark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Would you prefer them un-greased?

I was talking about Condemned but UFC in the dark might be hawttt!!! And it's not grease it's sexy sweat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

That_Guy wrote: »
    And it's not grease it's sexy sweat.

Potayto, potahto.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The last few nights I've been playing far cry,forgot how much fun it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Perrin

Finally got round to buying mass effect,taking up my time now,good game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Perrin wrote: »
    Finally got round to buying mass effect,taking up my time now,good game.

Loved Mass Effect.

No Street Fighter 4 though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Dragon Age: Origins is out in less than two weeks.

Anyone else interested?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Anyone else interested?

Not a Bioware fan at all.

Could never get into Baldur's Gate or Mass Effect.

Haven't played Mass Effect. :/

Loved BG1 and 2.

Anyone else interested?

Ya I was thinking of getting that,looks interesting but I might hold off on it and get borderlands next friday for the pc instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Perrin

Loved the baldurs gate games back in the day,don't know anything about Dragon Age: Origins but then again I'm almost completely out of touch with games these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Hody

You guys know that there is a browsergame at www.dragonagejourneys.com that you can play and unlock 3 special items for the later game. The deal is that you have to reach a few achievement within the game to do so, one of them being to finish the game with each of the 3 classes available in the flash game.

It´s quite nice and you get an overview of spells and abilities in the later game. The problem is that I stayed up 3 nights and played until 3 in the morning and woke up toddler and wife when trying to sneak back into bed. Wonder if there is anything you can do about creaking and moaning word boards in the upstairs floor...?! Anybody?!

Allow me another question please, I am not Irish but living here a pretty long time though. I am having problems to buy edition of the game I would want. Does anybody know where I can buy the Collector´s Edition of Dragon Age: Origins off the shelf in Dublin or somewhere else in the ROI?! I asked at Gamestop but they only do the normal one... :confused: :eek:

Please help, thank you ;)

No idea if you'd be able to. PC games aren't that big of a deal in Ireland. Ordering online'd be best for a special edition...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Hody wrote: »
    You guys know that there is a browsergame at www.dragonagejourneys.com that you can play and unlock 3 special items for the later game. The deal is that you have to reach a few achievement within the game to do so, one of them being to finish the game with each of the 3 classes available in the flash game.

It´s quite nice and you get an overview of spells and abilities in the later game. The problem is that I stayed up 3 nights and played until 3 in the morning and woke up toddler and wife when trying to sneak back into bed. Wonder if there is anything you can do about creaking and moaning word boards in the upstairs floor...?! Anybody?!

Allow me another question please, I am not Irish but living here a pretty long time though. I am having problems to buy edition of the game I would want. Does anybody know where I can buy the Collector´s Edition of Dragon Age: Origins off the shelf in Dublin or somewhere else in the ROI?! I asked at Gamestop but they only do the normal one... :confused: :eek:

Please help, thank you ;)
    Cast a silence spell :P

Currently playing through manga carta 2....it's meh....finished the first disc in a day...weird for an rpg

No idea if you'd be able to. PC games aren't that big of a deal in Ireland. Ordering online'd be best for a special edition...

GAME or going to have it, I am going to pre-order it today...thanks anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

I havent really come across a game in a while thats kept my attention for more than 30 mins. I used to stay up playing Fallout3 until like 6 in the mornin but i finished it after 2 days so :P I used to be addicted to games, but once I got to 17 I just didn't like them anymore, dno what it was.

zoom! wrote: »
    I havent really come across a game in a while thats kept my attention for more than 30 mins. I used to stay up playing Fallout3 until like 6 in the mornin but i finished it after 2 days so :P I used to be addicted to games, but once I got to 17 I just didn't like them anymore, dno what it was.

Lucky you...24 years behind a computer screen and still none of the magic lost...

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

Nothing thats grabbed me recently, but for some classics that kept me busy during college years:

Doom I & II
    Dune 2
    Warcraft 2

And how come there's no love for Diablo in this thread? Remember playing co-op over dial-up on battle.net...... good times :)

Dune 2 great game for the lan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I remember a good few night staying up playing this:

Cpc_chicago90.png

Cpc_chicago90_1.png

Ran like a dream on my 8086 :pac:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_90

Borderlands,what a game :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Live-In-Russia.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Hody wrote: »
    Lucky you...24 years behind a computer screen and still none of the magic lost...
    The magic is kind of lost for me at the moment... :( I can't find a game I like anymore... Since I started with games in college... it all feels a bit like work for some reason... this really sucks!!:mad:

The magic is kind of lost for me at the moment... :( I can't find a game I like anymore... Since I started with games in college... it all feels a bit like work for some reason... this really sucks!!:mad:

I know what you mean. You are supposed to perform at work constantly and to be a good husband, dad, boyfriend or whatsoever and when you then start to play a game you are supposed to reach (score) goals again. You need to level up, score, beat the final boss or whatever. Sometimes it just feels less of a challenge and less pressure just to sit or lay on the couch and watch a movie instead where you actually dont have to do anything than enjoying yourself. :p

• Advertisement

For the past two nights I've been dividing my time between Hitman: Blood Money and Forza 2.

Both great games. Hitman requires that bit more skill and thinking. If you can complete it without a walkthrough fair play.

Advertisement