Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up All Night Computer Games

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Gah Hitman you don't get to do the very cool move which sold them game, alas no garrotting :(

I just re installed morrowind on my pc good bye Novemember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Dante

Fall Out 3 for me, was hooked on that for a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Played gta 4 when it came out and completed it in the regulation 30 hours. Only missions i remember is the the first couple and the bank robbery. Now, playing the two add-ons i'm starting to see a few over-lapping missions. It's annoying as i can't remember what happened so ill think ill replay it over again. I don't know where i'm going to find the time to go to work.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Fall Out 3 for me, was hooked on that for a long time!

As was I,I also love obvilion and Im hoping I'll like the new dragon age game thats out friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Got Dark Sector the other day (€4.99 in HMV btw) and tis bloody epic. Haven't stopped playing it since.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Any football manager!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Kama

Dragon Age Origins. My sleep cycle is now officially ****ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

Kama wrote: »
    Dragon Age Origins. My sleep cycle is now officially ****ed.

Now that is ominous. I'm off into town tomorrow to purchase both an Xbox and this fabulous new game. I'll be able to enjoy it in moderation...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

It's pretty good.

Been playing it a bit lately. It's kinda like NWN/BG but with shineh sync kills. Savage story too.

• Advertisement

You say that now...even more ominously, I'm considering restarting again, since there is precisely *no* talent respec in the game (probably my biggest criticism thusfar) and bumping the difficulty up again. Knowing what party I'd have later would have led to a more optimal spec.

It rewards slow careful tactical appraisal and micro on anything higher than easy. The plot is oodlesome, and doesn't bother that much with the whole normal good/bad curve as most rpgs. You can do the 'right thing' and not get sweet delicious moral candy. Heart.

Kama wrote: »
    You say that now...even more ominously, I'm considering restarting again, since there is precisely *no* talent respec in the game (probably my biggest criticism thusfar) and bumping the difficulty up again. Knowing what party I'd have later would have led to a more optimal spec.

It rewards slow careful tactical appraisal and micro on anything higher than easy. The plot is oodlesome, and doesn't bother that much with the whole normal good/bad curve as most rpgs. You can do the 'right thing' and not get sweet delicious moral candy. Heart.

Actually I find the difficulty thing retarded in some areas.

Certain fights just gimp you totally, so you end up with your tank getting one shotted or whatever. Or if you're a rogue like me, it's nigh on impossible to dump aggro.

Also, the preset tactics are utter balls. You need to micro it all yourself to stand a chance.

And does anyone else find mages overpowered when you just get three of 'em and aoe everything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I just re installed morrowind on my pc good bye Novemember.

It takes some effort to get working but I would definitely recommend downloading the extensive Tamriel mod. A bit of googling should reveal it.

Also, the mod where you become a skooma dealer is fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Hody

Got Dragon Age Origins last Friday and kept playing each night until 2 then. Get like 3 to 4 hours sleep at night. It´s simply crazy :eek: but I just cant help it. The funny thing is that I am not that dog tired, that I thought I would be, but I can feel how it is straining my body...Not twenty anyore though :(

I micro 'em all pretty hard, and yeh mages seem to own, am rolling 1 tank 3 mage. aoe ftw and all that, lots of cc, and the spell combos. Mass Paralysis by glyph combo -> mega firestorm of poison aoe death = dead mobs.

Haven't noticed the difficulty spikes being that bad yet, although I tried to kill the giant cold dragon in the mountains and got owned kinda hard. In the Darkspawn tunnels under Orz atm, done Circle and Redcliffe.

Just finished the Tower of Ishal, but it seems to be pretty easy with a Mage, Alistair and the two melee lads they you get for the Koceri Woods and the Tower. Got wiped only in the first 3 with the ogre, but oh did he wonder after the reload...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was playing mw2 till 5 in the morning last nite,almost finished it :O.

Hody wrote: »
    Got Dragon Age Origins last Friday and kept playing each night until 2 then. Get like 3 to 4 hours sleep at night. It´s simply crazy :eek: but I just cant help it. The funny thing is that I am not that dog tired, that I thought I would be, but I can feel how it is straining my body...Not twenty anyore though :(
    Heh, oh to be that young again. Oh wait. Jackpot. :D
    Hody wrote: »
    Just finished the Tower of Ishal, but it seems to be pretty easy with a Mage, Alistair and the two melee lads they you get for the Koceri Woods and the Tower. Got wiped only in the first 3 with the ogre, but oh did he wonder after the reload...
    Mages are so lame though. Rogues ftw. :pac:
    Was playing mw2 till 5 in the morning last nite,almost finished it :O.
    My mate finished it all in ten hours. And I didn't like the MP much. Way too quick.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Worst thing about Germany is being seperated from my family Street Fighter. :(

I'd gotten to the second seed tier and won tournament and everything...

Heh, oh to be that young again. Oh wait. Jackpot. :D

Mages are so lame though. Rogues ftw. :pac:

My mate finished it all in ten hours. And I didn't like the MP much. Way too quick.

Wow that quick :O,Im stuck on the 3rd last mission :(,I get killed very easily in multiplayer :'(.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

http://social.bioware.com/project/463/ adds a storage chest without needing to buy a DLC
    http://social.bioware.com/project/469/ allows you to respec your main character at your camp(can do it with your minions, but can brake their specializations)

Tragedy wrote: »
    http://social.bioware.com/project/463/ adds a storage chest without needing to buy a DLC
    http://social.bioware.com/project/469/ allows you to respec your main character at your camp(can do it with your minions, but can brake their specializations)

Both add-ons sound nice, but I wouldn´t use any, as I do have bought the wardens keep DLC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

World in Conflict anyone play that ?

I played it for a while really good online,must fire it up again sometime.

Me and my brother once played zelda ocarina of time all night and finished it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

oooh oblivion is a great up all night game... you play it and time does not exist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Damn it, last one was Fallout 3, I was getting up in the middle of the night, throwing in a few "minutes" and being there when herself got up/working nights and not going to bed when I got home, and being up til 3 or 4 playing it.

Now its DA:O, and guess what, I'm back on nights. I'm dreaming about the fooking thing. Its killing me. I haven't slept properly since Friday! And I'm only just out of
    Haven, after getting the Ashes
    so I know I have tonnes left.

j2CRk.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Gah thread breaking humongo pic

• Advertisement

Cjj2i.jpg

Advertisement