Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomorrow's protest

Options
  • 28-10-2008 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭

For those who don't know there is a protest organised for tomorrow at 6.30PM in Dublin city
    Anybody going? My school asked us to go and I think I will, I just want to make sure that I'm not the only student :pac:

info here (sort of)

http://www.indymedia.ie/article/89597

Comments

I'd love to go but Dublin is too far away, if only people would organise protests in Galway too!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Tbh all those things in that article in my view have been going on for years sure even when i was in primary school the class size was around 35 pupils.

And regardless nothing is going to match the protest the OAP's did :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

you mean Z-day? that was pretty epic, but I think we can top it. Is "down with this sort of thing" inappropriate at a serious protest?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

are school is going and i think its the only school in dublin thats going !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

If i can find some people to go I will. However it is FAR too cold to contemplate going on my own.

(Was in town today and it was unbelievably cold, wasn't buying anything in HMV but it was sooooo cold that we spent 25 mins delaying having to leave)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

phasers wrote: »
    you mean Z-day? that was pretty epic, but I think we can top it. Is "down with this sort of thing" inappropriate at a serious protest?
    Did you see any of the pictures from the university fees protest last week? There was much "Down with this sort of thing" and "Christopher Reeves wouldn't stand for this" and so on and so forth. Though it was also of course a very serious protest.

Handy that the protest is at 6.30, doesn't interfere with school etc. Would have been cool if it had coincided with the fees protest last week, in a big ball of angry students fighting for education etc.

Edit: And yes, it was insanely cold. And still is. Damn my icy house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Did you see any of the pictures from the university fees protest last week? There was much "Down with this sort of thing" and "Christopher Reeves wouldn't stand for this" and so on and so forth. Though it was also of course a very serious protest.

Handy that the protest is at 6.30, doesn't interfere with school etc. Would have been cool if it had coincided with the fees protest last week, in a big ball of angry students fighting for education etc.

Edit: And yes, it was insanely cold. And still is. Damn my icy house.

+ "Free Joseph Friztel"
    + "I'm not here for the protest, just for the violence"

Advertisement