Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photos of the new TNA set

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Ok cool....

i was thinking the screen looks angled like it was for raw before jeff destroyed it with that swantom into that box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Aren't TNA going to HD in the next few hours/days or so? Will be interesting to see the new set when it goes live. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Aren't TNA going to HD in the next few hours/days or so? Will be interesting to see the new set when it goes live. :)

They did and what a show THAT was. I hoped you recorded it.

rovert wrote: »
    It is only a set lads :p

Only to some. A good set is important these days. With WWE's HD sets and their extravagant sets throughout the years (the parallelogram RAW set was my favourite) i think a lot of people expect a decent effort to be put forth. Don't know why TNA are bothering to change theirs though. Its not that much different if memory serves me right.

They did and what a show THAT was. I hoped you recorded it.

I missed it dude... i was off on a pitch and putt weekend. :D
    (yes folks, i do other stuff than watch wrestling & MMA y'know, despite what some of you might believe... you know who you are and you know what i'm talking about!)

Don't know why TNA are bothering to change theirs though. Its not that much different if memory serves me right.

Because it's gone HD? The same reason why WWE changed theirs in January?!
    *scratches head*

Can someone clear something up for me...

WWE went HD in January, as in they shot their programming in high definition.

But in turn their set became HD. As in it projected it in HD to the live audience?

But in turn their set became HD. As in it projected it in HD to the live audience?

Yes they invested millions in it all and replaced everything.

Their entire set, rakes of digital montiors for entrances look a lot sharper in HD televisions than their older RAW sets, or the Smackdown first would. Rather than have a load of decorative stuff, everything is all on lcd screens.

If you get where i'm coming from? :)

• Advertisement

Their entire set, rakes of digital montiors for entrances look a lot sharper in HD televisions than their older RAW sets, or the Smackdown first would. Rather than have a load of decorative stuff, everything is all on lcd screens.

Yeah i get ya ;)

I dunno if i like the whole everything being on light ropes instead of big elaborate sets.

Say one thing, wrestlemania is going to look good next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Gothicopolis?

Eh will have to wait for Impact to see it properly bad pics, I agree the HD broadcast was poor they got lost in angles and forgot the wrestling (which is usually the thing they do best)

EdK wrote: »
    Gothicopolis?

**insert confused look smiley here**

Oh wait... :confused:

Whats that mean?

Gothicopolis?

Jesus what the hell is with this forum and people nitpicking at my sigs, and location and sh*t.

BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE?!

You got in infront of my post ruining the whole thing well done haha:P

It was meant to look like this

SR: If you know where i'm coming from?

Me: Gothicopolis?

But hey the best laid plans eh

You got in infront of my post ruining the whole thing well done haha:P

I saw what you were doing ;)
    This is why they have the facility to quote people ;)

• Advertisement

Jesus what the hell is with this forum and people nitpicking at my sigs, and location and sh*t.

BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE?!

Oh, Holy ship, i never noticed that... :o Sorry.

I thought it was a new internet lingo thing or something that was on this new "music television".

I saw what you were doing ;)
    This is why they have the facility to quote people ;)

Yeah well i didnt factor on Comic Book Guy being able to type so fast with such chubby fingers

Disclaimer: Reference to Simpson Comic Book Guy haha

Yeah well i didnt factor on Comic Book Guy being able to type so fast with such chubby fingers

Disclaimer: Reference to Simpson Comic Book Guy haha

2 things:

1. Ha. :pac: You wouldn't be far wrong.

2. It was Homer who's fingers were too chubby to dial..

But that is completely off topic...

2 things:

1. Ha. :pac: You wouldn't be far wrong.

2. It was Homer who's fingers were too chubby to dial..

But that is completely off topic...

2. Please mash the keypad, I know it was Homer :p

3. Eh.......TNA (Back on topic haha)

Oh right. Didn't realise TNA were going HD, too.
    Their entire set, rakes of digital monitors for entrances look a lot sharper in HD televisions than their older RAW sets, or the Smackdown first would. Rather than have a load of decorative stuff, everything is all on lcd screens.

I think he meant, is the titantron itself projected in HD (as in, if you're at the show and you look at the titantron, will it be in HD?).

I assume the answer is yes.

To be honest, though, i prefer the physical objects. I like the new WWE HD stage and all, but i thought the RAW parallelogram stage was awesome, and also loved the SmackDown! fist. I much prefer those stages over the current one.

• Advertisement

To be honest, though, i prefer the physical objects. I like the new WWE HD stage and all, but i thought the RAW parallelogram stage was awesome, and also loved the SmackDown! fist. I much prefer those stages over the current one.

I prefer the setups from 1982-1991, where they didn't depend on stages and Finkels "The following contest is scheduled for one fall!" was enough to get the crowd going. :)

I love the Fink, but i think that an awesome stage is a nice bonus.

Wich the Fink would return full time to do RAW. I hate lillian :(

I love the Fink, but i think that an awesome stage is a nice bonus.

Wich the Fink would return full time to do RAW. I hate lillian :(

He's too busy scouting the internet for people selling unauthorised DVDs and mp3s. He's their head internet watchdog now.

He's too busy scouting the internet for people selling unauthorised DVDs and mp3s. He's their head internet watchdog now.

He also summarises the Wrestling Observer for Vince so the story goes.

He also summarises the Wrestling Observer for Vince so the story goes.

Hold up, Vince is paying Howard Finkel to read for him???
    I've read it all now!

Hold up, Vince is paying Howard Finkel to read for him???

It is more of a memo thingy apparently so I heard. Helen Hart used to read the Observer to Stu word for word. Poor Helen
    I've read it all now!

That was the answer I always read when people posed the question of WHY IS HOWARD FINKEL STILL EMPLOYED. :confused: I think JJ Dillon said it in his book too.

Advertisement