Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am sooo not looking forward to

Options
  • 28-10-2008 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Halloween Night. My poor lil 4 month old Cocker Max went out the back last night to relieve himself and unfortunately someone let off bangers just as he went out, have never seen him run so quickly back to his bed with his tail between his legs. Now dont get me wrong he came back to the door where i was standing (i was having a look coz i love the colours) but he would not stand out the back with me. He kept running back to his bed, totally confused and my heart went out to him. Ofcourse I closed the door after a minute but am afraid come Halloween night we are going to have some seriously messy floors.... I know all dogs dont like bangers etc but how do you get around bringing him out and not having mess on the floors. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

go out with him and close the back door. He wont have a choice then. Poor fella

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Ear Muffs?

I pity animals on hallowe'en. Loud noises, rogues of youths terrorising the neighbourhood.

Luckily the bangers won't start until dark so he has all day to relieve. And they should stop around 1 or 2.

Also I heard it's going to be very cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Tired

Thanks for the replies, I hope they dont start till late, I wont be back till nearly dark from work so have enlisted my mam to mind him till i get home. Feel so sorry for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Popples

Hey, I recently got a new pup, and to my surprise, she's not one bit bothered by the bangers and fireworks. My cats are more put out by them. I've seen this problem before though, and the only thing I can suggest is maybe trying to distract him.....go out to the garden with him, and when the bangers start, play with him. Encourage him to play back, he'll hopefully start to associate the noises with fun. My last puppy had a fear of the hair dryer, which made bathing him a nightmare, so I started jumping around with the hair dryer in my hand.......he associated it with play time, and lost his fear.

I'm not saying it will definitely work, but it's an idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Tired

The odd thing Popples is he is a curious lil fecker and kept coming back to the door to see what was going on, am sure he will get over it eventually... Suppose it was unfamiliar to him (was the same with the hoover but he is fine with that now) and he just has to get used to the noise. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭FishFlop21

HELLO EVERY BODY I AM REALLY TIRED TOO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

FishFlop21 wrote: »
    HELLO EVERY BODY I AM REALLY TIRED TOO.

...okay... somebody has either left themselves logged in on a public computer or on their home computer and has a really annoying sibling.

I hated Halloween for my dog. Also there were some years were the bangers just seemed to be getting louder and louder . Honestly i dont mind the rockets too much but the Bangers are just pointless and cause problems. Dont have a dog this year.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

I've got a 6 month old cocker - and a few months ago somebody was letting off fireworks or bangers in an estate nearby.
    I was out back with him, door closed, and trying to encourage him to do his business when they went off.

I've never seen an animal sprint as fast - he dived in under the shed & it took some encouragement to get him to come out.
    Brought him inside & played with him a bit to ensure he wasn't too stressed.

Poor thing, hope I can get him out while there's nothing going off this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

My dog never minded them for years - then we were in the park and someone threw a banger up at us. In fact, more than one.

She ran for the car, and was only saved from being run over by someone grabbing her and putting her on a lead and holding her for me.

Ever since then she's been terrified of bangers, and every Hallowe'en night she comes creeping upstairs (strictly forbidden) and crawls up and down my bed all night. And she's a big girl.

• Advertisement
Advertisement