Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The hills

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Sunday: did my short run. Did it slow, not one of my better days. 46 mins, but had stopped to relieve a cramp in my ankle. Today monday i have still got aches from saturdays hill run, so didnt run today. Think a no cardio rest day is needed. No point bein worn out by the time i get to tough guy.. And i was tired yesterday.

Monday: Did a piddling few weights. 2 sets of the usual, including the chinups, which I feel myself getting stronger at. But was trying to make today a rest day, so didnt do much at all. Concious that Im getting close to burnout, but its just over two weeks to TG, and Im trying to do as much as I can.

Tuesday: Girlie weight night. Was a good session in spite of the gossiping. 2.8k on rower, (a hard 10mins) to warm up, then my usual weight session with kettlebell, chinbar, pressups and dumbells. Total of 21 chins, and 36 pressups. Few planks thrown in too, which I can do an easy minute of now, I sused to struggle to do 30 secs.

Wednesday: 30min treadmill run. (Lousy weather, dont need pneumonia by going out right now) 5.25k. Sure, not much, but its something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Oryx wrote: »
    Total of 21 chins, and 36 pressups.

Serious admiration here - why oh why am I so bad at press ups :rolleyes:- I get to12 and my arms just tell me no!:o

G86 wrote: »
    Serious admiration here - why oh why am I so bad at press ups :rolleyes:- I get to12 and my arms just tell me no!:o
    Much as I would love to take your admiration and bask in it,:) that was the total amount, not all done in one go. Total chins in one set at the mo is a measly 6, but I will get to 10 by next week, or Ill owe ya a fiver. Pressups, most Ive done in one set is 23, and the last of those was a wobbly one.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

lol cheers for that chick, feeling bit better about my measly 12 now!:o

Thursday: Feeling off form, but maybe Im just slacking and trying to think up excuses. Forced myself out the door today, :) and did 9.8k in 50mins. Not fast, but got it done. Ive no idea why Im all out of puff this week, Im blaming female hormones. :D

Taking a few days off. Im either developing flu, or Ive been overtraining. A few days will tell. Its hard this close to TG, but I havent a hope of doing anything now, once the body says no, thats it. :)

Three days full on rest. :) Felt very weird.

Monday: Went out for a morning run to see how the legs felt. Was ok. Did about 5k. 35mins. Took it easy, am being careful.

Did circuit class in the evening. Really enjoyed it, even the squats.

Tuesday:
    Girlie night in. Did the usual weight session, with my two mates. Went ok. Am doing pressups in sets of 20 now, which Im happy with. Did four sets of 5 chins. But will get to 10!!

• Advertisement

Right.. had flu or something all week, and was away since Thursday. So training was out the window. But got out for a good fast run with a mate on Monday, roughly 6-7k in 28 mins. Thought Id puke after though. :)

Tough Guy is on Sunday. Sh!t. :D

Girlie night. Did a bit on the rower and bike, and a few chins and planks and stuff, but with kids acting up and phone calls never really got into it. Can do 7 chins per set now tho. Which means I owe G86 a fiver, but Im blaming the flu for not getting to 10 yet. :p

Got out for a run, about 6k. Just over 30 mins. Felt good. Tried out my new underarmour gear, which is really warm, so hopefully it will help a bit when I get wet, too.

Just a few weights tonight, and then leaving it till Sunday!!

Woo Hoo!! Did what I set out to do, completed Tough Guy 2009. :D:D:D

Was bloody hard, but was happy with the fitness, it was the cold that mainly hurt me and slowed me. That and some cramping in my calves.

Thinking of signing up for the summer version, and trying to increase fitnees more for it.

Im completely fcuked up tho. All I could do was a bit of an easy spin on the static bike last night. My calves are agony from the cramps and overdoing it. :)

Ive been full of aches, pains, and bruises this week, so have taken a few days to get back in my stride.

Tuesday:
    Was knacked, up all night Monday, so just did stretches on girlie weight night. :)

Wednesday:
    30 easygoing minutes on the bike. My calves still ache.

Thursday:
    Started late, cos I was so tired. But did 5k on treadmill. Wasnt too hard, but kept to a reasonable pace.

Signed up for the Summer version of Tough Guy today, Nettle Warrior. Its supposed to be a longer course, but at least it wont be sub zero temperatures.

Two rest days. Two!! Im slacking here cos the pressure is off.

Sunday:
    Out early for a run, ended up doing the shorter 7.8k one, because it was lethally slippy underfoot. Had to pick my steps and take it easy (I thought). Funnily enough ended up doing it in 42mins which would be a pretty good time for me. And I felt grand afterwards.

Monday:
    Circuits. Was a tough class, probably cos I havent been for a few weeks.

Was away over the weekend, but got two runs in on Beachy Head. :) One was 45mins, 35mins the next day. Not quite wonderful, but heck Ill get back into it. Got a 10k event sunday.

Girlie weight night, tho did more light cardio than weight. 45mins cardio, 20 mins kbell, chins, pressups.

Did the long run today 10.75k. 54mins which would be normal for me. Aint gained time, but aint lost any either which is fine. Just gradually getting back into harder training. Cos by summer tough guy, I want to be ready to chew it op and spit it out. :p

Did an easy set last night. 15 mins Hiit on exercise bike, 2000m on rower. Then coupla kb sets, pressups and situps.

My back is buggered today. Dont think I did anything to it.. :(

• Advertisement

Sunday 22nd
    Did a 10k event. Did a 47.55. Was 136th :). My next run event is the Great run in Phoenix park, want to go quicker then. Edit: was 6th in my age category, which sounds better.

Tuesday 24th
    Did 20mins bike, 20mins xtrainer, 2000m rower, plus some pressups and chins.

Today:
    Did a hilly run, just under 10k. 48.46. My calves are stiff, could feel em most of the way around. Did 10mins on bike when I got back to try and loosen em up. More stretching required!

Did my 'short' run, somewhere under 8k, in 40.22. I checked the first entry for that run on this log, on 1st Nov it took me 47 mins.... :D

My stats these days havent changed much,

Waist 26
    Hips 35.75
    Thigh 20.2

but I look different. Weird.

Friday:
    Did 10mins warm up on bike, then 3 sets of lunges x20, squatsx10, kb swings x12, deadlifts x12, chins x5 or 6, sit ups x80, pressups x12.

Saturday:
    Did my short run, took it easy, what felt like a nice gentle plod. Took about 41/42 mins. Am going out for a longer run tomorrow hopefully so not going hell for leather today.

Sunday:
    Did a long run. (well, long for me) 1h 26mins. Not sure of distance, but maybe around 15k. Wasnt going fast, just seeing how I felt after an extended run time. Was bloody hilly going back though.

Monday:
    Circuits. Had someone tell me 'jaysis 100% is fine, no need to do 110...' So I mustve been putting a bit of effort in. :p Was a good class, really got the heartrate up.

Girlie weight night. 15mins bike, 10mins rower, then kb weights, chins, pressups. More chat than work though...oops.

Got out for a run yesterday evening. Oh my good god it was cold. Did about 7k, not sure cos I never measured the route. Calves kept seizing, I think cos it was so cold.

187.4k since Jan 1

Friday:
    16 mins warm up on bike.
    2 sets of kb swings x12, kb squats x10, kb deadlifts x10, pressups x12(3 sets), lunges x20, bicep curls x20. Situps/crunches x 80

Chins I did in a ladder, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 with gaps of about 10 seconds between em. Did that twice. Then one more set of 5 for good luck. :)

Saturday:
    Short (7.8k) run. Not super fast, 41mins. Was feeling it a bit, probably cos of the weights last night which I was doing till well after 10.

Sunday:
    Long run. Approx 13-14k. 116mins. Including a hard sprint at the end, just to see how that felt after the longer than usual run. Did 15mins spinning on bike afterwards, as my calves were stiff, that fixed em, no problems afterwards, they were fine.

Monday:
    Circuit class. It included a station for pressups, on a step. Got all competitive and ended up doing a set of 23, which is a lot for me, esp with doing other stuff. Buggered up my arms for the other stations. :D We've started doing single arm kb swings with 16kg, which is fine on my right, but downright dangerous with my left. Very uneven strength in my arms. Something I need to work on.

• Advertisement

Tuesday:
    Girlie weight night. Did mostly weights, kb, chins etc.

Wednesday:
    Unable to get out cos my kid was sick

Thursday:
    Early morning run. (Dear god I was sleepy. I must be mad). Short 7.8k run. 41 mins. And felt every inch of it. :p

Advertisement