Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

[article] Zep to tour without Plant

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bigjigwig77

Without Plant it just wouldn't be the same...

Though to be honest, if they did tour without him I probably would end up going...

Its sad really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

funktastic wrote: »
    They're doing it for the money. People are prepared to pay out to see them so why not? Page is passionate about playing the songs again and Jones is probably just doing it for the $.

That's harsh dude, firstly Jones made plenty of money from Zep to begin with and has a pretty good solo career, don't know why you have to assume its for the money.

In fact, since none of the three surviving Zep members are going broke afaik I think we should rule that issue out right now. They are probably still creaming it on royalties, especially after the recent remastering for cd and the couple of dvds that came out over the past few years-I think its fair to say they care as much about the music they play as we do listening to it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Thank you Brian, Jones could not be in it for the money. He's enjoyed a great, maybe a bit under the radar, career since Led Zeppelin disbanded.
    They are my all time favourite band EVER and I would be very disappointed if Page and Jones went on tour. Who the hell would you enlist to take on the role of Plant? Pretty big challenge to find someone with a voice and the charisma to embody Plant. Let's face it, the only people going to see them at a probable immense price will be die hard fans and dammit they'll want Zep not a shoddy patched together version!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Since when did Led Zep fall into the Alternative/Indie category? More for R&M isn't it?! :/

On topic, i'm all for this. Seriously, if Plant joined em on a tour, you paid your money for it and he half-assed the gig because he didn't want to be there in the first place. Would you be happy about it? Of course not!

So they're damned if they do, and they're damned if they don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

HouseHippo wrote: »
    So plant wants to work on his solo stuff but the band want to do a reform tour.
    To be honest I think they should just leave all this reforming alone. We have had enough wityh Aul Fella Zone and Take that without seeing legend of rock prancing around in their incontinance pants, your time has passed lads, leave it how it was.

Yeah, because the music industry is better with Miley Cyrus, the Jonas Brothers and Pink, right? And speaking of time has passed, try Oasis. There's a band who haven't been able to reach the bar that they set for themselves since 1995! :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Don't get me wrong - I love Zeppelin... but how the heck are they Alternative/Indie?

Moved from there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

And a big Zep thread merge! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dirty Frank

I dunno. I'd go see them though I voted no. But I reckon i'd go just for the name and to see the remaining members play the songs they wrote. Maybe thats shallow or something - you can judge. If they're still passionate about the songs then there's no reason it wouldn't still be a great gig. So long as it didn't end up like the Smashing Pumpkins reunion, went to their gig in January and though there were good moments, there was no real energy in the performance. Did you ever listen to a song a thousand times until it lost meaning and you were bored by it? Surely that happens to the musicians at some stage too. Cripes I'm talking some crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

HouseHippo wrote: »
    So plant wants to work on his solo stuff but the band want to do a reform tour.
    To be honest I think they should just leave all this reforming alone. We have had enough wityh Aul Fella Zone and Take that without seeing legend of rock prancing around in their incontinance pants, your time has passed lads, leave it how it was.
    LOL - you really can't compare Boyzone and Take That musically to Led Zeppelin, one of the greatest bands of all time. And as for calling them Boyzone Aul Fella Zone - they're half Zeppelin's age!

Advertisement