Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

toll beating methods

Options
  • 28-10-2008 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

26102008023-1-1.jpg

well here's one, never wash your car. I saw as it passed me the front reg was unreadable too. Cop car went by it and not a bother....some country.

(I am in a left hooker as passenger when shot taken)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

For motorbikes:

Radar_Boot.jpg

Lucky, Very lucky

Radar_Bird.jpg
    Bearcat wrote: »
    Cop car went by it and not a bother....some country.

You mean they didnt even stop you using a camera while driving! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

On the bright side. Look at that. The Majority of drivers are in the left hand most lane. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

On the bright side. Look at that. The Majority of drivers are in the left hand most lane. :eek:

That's just not believable - it must be a Photoshop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭legalbird12

If you drive right up the arse of a truck can the camera still get a picture of your reg???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

If you drive right up the arse of a truck can the camera still get a picture of your reg???

Yip, takes pictures bith front and back. Seen some fool weaving between lanes to try and hide behind trucks. Richard-Head nearly side swiped my car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭legalbird12

Yip, takes pictures bith front and back. Seen some fool weaving between lanes to try and hide behind trucks. Richard-Head nearly side swiped my car.

Where is the camera that takes a picture from the back??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Where is the camera that takes a picture from the back??

I would assume on behind the one that takes the pic of your front reg

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭leon8v

There are no cameras taking pictures of the back of your car. It was something Eflow came out with to try scare drivers, obviously worked with some. If you look up at the gantry there are only cameras facing at the front of the cars. Tailgating a truck works a treat. Have done it myself a few times and works well, no charges for the times I did it. Some truck drivers will even slow down a bit to allow you get in tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

M50 one definately only takes photos of the front plate, which is why its free for bikes.

leon8v wrote: »
    Tailgating a truck works a treat. Have done it myself a few times and works well, no charges for the times I did it. Some truck drivers will even slow down a bit to allow you get in tight.

You should be embarassed to claim to have tailgated. Your risking the lives of everybody around you to say yourself a few EURO.

How do you know truck drivers are slowing down for you?

• Advertisement

I cant tell you where to buy one of these(being illegal and all that) so here is a You Tube video that was made for the purposes.

Dont PM me either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ0JMAV2DGg

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭leon8v

You should be embarassed to claim to have tailgated. Your risking the lives of everybody around you to say yourself a few EURO.

How do you know truck drivers are slowing down for you?

How are you risking lives going under the gantry at 5 maybe 10kph in rush hour traffic heading northbound where on many occasions its still at a standstill there due to the roadworks. I tried it to see if it worked as its a flaw in the system and it did work. I wasnt charged. I wouldnt do it in fast moving traffic but if you were to do it, it works, so why is a system which promotes dangerous driving being used???

The thumbs up from the truck driver gave it away.

How are you risking lives going under the gantry at 5 maybe 10kph in rush hour traffic heading northbound where on many occasions its still at a standstill there due to the roadworks. I tried it to see if it worked as its a flaw in the system and it did work. I wasnt charged. I wouldnt do it in fast moving traffic but if you were to do it, it works, so why is a system which promotes dangerous driving being used???

ROTR =

Tailgating is the practice of driving on a road too closely behind another vehicle, such as less than the travel distance in two seconds or, equivalently, one vehicle-length for every 8 km/h (5 mph) of the current speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

How does it promote dangerous driving. The only thing that makes you do stupid things is you.

Closing your eyes and drivign through red lights is dangerous driving too, is the government promoting this by having red light that cost you time on your journey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I'm all for beating the toll but ain't a chance in hell you'll catch me tailgating HGV's to save 2 euro :eek:

That's kind of driving cannot be justified.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

I really fail to understand why anyone would go to such lengths to avoid the opportunity to give our government some much needed money for something we've already paid for:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

I am almost positive that there are both front and rear facing ANPR cameras. You only see the front facing ones as you dont look back at the rear ones. They are both fixed to the same gantry. I am 99% sure I saw this, maybe someone will get a picture either confirming this or correcting this tomorrow.

ART6 wrote: »
    I really fail to understand why anyone would go to such lengths to avoid the opportunity to give our government some much needed money for something we've already paid for:rolleyes:
    Yeah let's rear end some articulated lorries, that'll learn 'em. Powah to tha people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

I saw 2 cars over the past week whose numbers looked a bit blurred. When I changed the angle I was looking from, they almost disappeared - and then became clear as the angle changed again. Is this some kind of coating ?

It is a coating put heavily illegal. If Garda cars here get ANPR then all those people will be picked up on very fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

It is a coating put heavily illegal. If Garda cars here get ANPR then all those people will be picked up on very fast.

can youn imagine how many decades it will take them to

1. Find out about ANPR
    2. Agree to buy it
    3. Buy it
    4. Manage to get it working
    5. Figure out how to use it
    6. Train all Garda on using it
    7. Settle the strike action because they haven't been given more money for using it
    8. Realise that by now its ten years later and its defunct technology and abandon the idea altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Typical the way the motors forum has gone. Someone admits to tailgating a truck at 5kmp and everyone slates him, quoting the ROTR! How sad to see a once decent forum turn into this!

Hammertime wrote: »

1. Find out about ANPR
    2. Agree to buy it
    3. Buy it
    7. Settle the strike action because they haven't been given more money for using it
    8. Realise that by now its ten years later and its defunct technology and abandon the idea altogether

9. Remove it and store it at a cost of millions.

Too True

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

The minute someone gloats to beating the system there will always be a do gooder nit picking what he said to give out to him because deep down they're angry that he's not playing by the rules but they don't want to sound like a Johnny law abider.

Was telling a funny 30 second story the other day to a few mates where I "bent" the road laws and a mate went on for a 15 minute rant about the law even though it had nothing to do with the story :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Quint wrote: »
    Typical the way the motors forum has gone. Someone admits to tailgating a truck at 5kmp and everyone slates him, quoting the ROTR! How sad to see a once decent forum turn into this!

When was tailgating ever cool, acceptable or the done thing if your a petrolhead?. It is and always was stupid and dangerous.

Going by the rotr definition, to be tailgating at 5kmph youd have to be pretty much stuck to the trucks bumper.Is crashing into the back of a truck ok as long as dotn hit it too hard?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

1. Find out about ANPR
    2. Agree to buy it
    3. Buy it

I thought the new speed camera vans are using ANPR...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    I thought the new speed camera vans are using ANPR...

Wouldnt that mean they now therefore cant send tickets to a rather large percentage of motorists (like the M50 Toll issue) for various reasons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

1. Find out about ANPR
    2. Agree to buy it
    3. Buy it

:):):):):):):):):)

Anything that avoids the toll is a good thing. Opened in 1990 at a cost of around £1.20 to use at the time the bridge has long since paid for itself. It was originally thought that it would cater for no more than 20,000 vehicles a day and the numbers added up at that. Over the years the cost went up and up and now finally the barriers are gone but for some reason its even more complicated to pay for and if you dont register your car with e flow its 50% more expensive. SOMEBODY PLEASE EXPLAIN THE LOGIC. Long live the tail gaters. Is there any other capital city ring road in Europe that charges you a toll to use it. I think not

Quint wrote: »
    Jesus would you cop on, the guy never said anything about tailgating at 5kph until he was pushed on the issue. That leads me to believe he's most likely telling fibs to cover up his stupid attitude to avoiding a mighty €2 toll. Suggesting that this is in any way linked to car enthusiasts or some sort of high horsery from the rest of us is pure bollocks.

Can't believe there's actually eejits out there who will condone tailgating just to save a couple of euro yet consider themselves a petrolhead. Pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Spray on mud FTW !!

Advertisement