Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Linux on Aspire 3610

• 28-10-2008 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm having trouble doing a clean installation of Ubuntu on an Aspire 3610.
    The Ubuntu cd loads up alright displaying the Ubuntu status bar, however it just seems to stall a couple of minutes later - there is no action from the cd rom drive and a blank screen is produced. I end up just restarting the machine.

I have installed Ubuntu on many machines and never came across this.
    Has anybody experienced this or have a solution?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Did you run the built in CD diagnostic to check that your copy is intact? Tried any other live CDs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭snowyeoghan

Bluefrog wrote: »
    Did you run the built in CD diagnostic to check that your copy is intact? Tried any other live CDs?

Yes - the Cd is grand as I previously installed Ubuntu on another machine from that CD.

I tried to install Linux Mint and this did not give me an option to install the operating system but to only boot direct from the cd. When I restarted the machine without the Mint CD inside XP still on the machine with no trace of Mint.

Its a strange one...any other ideas?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Do you have 256 or lower RAM?

Try the alternate CD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭snowyeoghan

Do you have 256 or lower RAM?

Try the alternate CD

The machine has 256 of RAM and a processor of 1.5GHz.
    However I did earlier put ubuntu on a machine with 256 Ram @ 2.0GHz.

Would it be the processor speed that is the problem?

Advertisement